Author Topic: 7941K - 05/15/17 Recap Thread (Dream Car Week - Day 1)  (Read 5014 times)

Offline Mr. Weatherman

7941K - 05/15/17 Recap Thread (Dream Car Week - Day 1)
« on: May 15, 2017, 05:58:03 PM »
RANGE GAME* - W (3:39.64)
2 FOR THE PRICE OF 1* - W (3:02.92)
VEND-O-PRICE* - W (4:16.93)
GAS MONEY - L (3:08.81)
3 STRIKES (+) - L (6:16.83)
PICK-A-NUMBER* - W (2:20.84)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 07:52:32 PM by Torgo »
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 7941K - 05/15/17 Recap Thread (Dream Car Week - Day 1)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 06:12:15 PM »
Wow. What an episode and start to Dream Car Week. The same digit repeated in 3 Strikes? The Luck Game, I mean, The Guessing Game, oops, The I've Got a Feeling Game, no, Range Game for a Porsche? :)

C'mon 10 Chances for a dream car this year. I've got my fingers crossed. :-)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:18:25 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 06:14:26 PM »
Not sure why there isn't a thread, but discussion may proceed. Someone else can edit in the recap.
Thanks for posting. The road trip I mentioned I'm on with SuperSweeper, also includes Torgo and we're on the road currently. Adam is also traveling out elsewhere and those two are currently the primary one who have the ability to start a thread in this section who do it.

This show was AMAZING. Wanna know why? Because they didn't SPOIL it. It was such an absolute surprise to see those doors open up for 241 and see a car there, and then an even bigger surprise to see ANOTHER car for Game 3. This was the first time since the 5,000th show that they didn't spoil this and it made for quite the reactions in the car with SuperSweeper and Torgo as we watched driving through Texarkana, safely.

And during all of this, can we TALK about this lineup? You know, like an entire NON CAR FOR A CAR half FOLLOWED by Gas and 3X? That was amazing. And they chose a really good three non-car games for that non-car half. Count me among the disappointed they didn't go for the all non-car show.

While some might have a problem with the way 3X+ was setup, with the two 1's, I don't think it was that bad. Thinking about, it really does make the game slightly easier, and honestly, wouldn't we love to see an actual Strikes + win for once?

This week started out with a MAJOR bang and I can't wait to see what they have in store for the rest of it.

- thepriceis_J from Mile 110 I-40 Eastboud in Tennessee
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 06:17:27 PM »
But wha... Wha... Did they just play every game for a car?
Comments (There are many):
Range Game: Starting out with an easier game for a car you shouldn't know the last three digits of. Yeah. Good win to start Tax Burden Dream Car Week.
241:Good. She didn't pick the first number. That car was hers.
Vend-O-Price: $27,974 worth of car won on BBQ. And only 20 cents seperating the BBQ and Cereal. A few Vend records were broken. (Perfect 1st half... WOOO!)

SCSD1: Stray Comment: I want to see two people win the in the same half.

Gas Money: WIPEOUT! (Why would you choose the most expensive price first? I know Voltswagens are usually cheaper in my notes, but avoiding the extremes would have helped. Plus, that was the only tag that ended in 0.)

3 Strikes+: ... TWO 1'S?!? SINCE WHEN CAN YOU HAVE TWO OF THE SAME NUMBER? In all honesty, I am not angry at TPIR, because I would have rioted if the car didn't start with "1" in a six digit car, and it adds a little bit of difficulty in randomness. (I would have wanted to see that won.)

PaN: Oh... Hello Pick a Number. yay a win.

Showcase stray observation: I am waiting for them to repeat what they did that one April Fool's Day, but tweak it. Give three cheaper items, and then ask them to bid, then Surprise! Dream Car.

Great start to Dream Car Week if you ask me. I know others have already posted their praises, but I have to just add to all of them. I did not see this coming on Monday. Friday, maybe, but not Monday.

"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 06:26:31 PM »
This show was AMAZING. Wanna know why? Because they didn't SPOIL it. It was such an absolute surprise to see those doors open up for 241 and see a car there, and then an even bigger surprise to see ANOTHER car for Game 3.
I was going to post exactly this - what a relief it was to have this show's gimmick go completely unspoiled, especially with CBS and TPIR's social media team spoiling practically everything nowadays (and the all-cash show from earlier this season being spoiled right before the show started).

Other than the two regular car games, everything was pretty winnable today. The lineup was excellent, no doubt, although it was a bit odd to see the two regular car games show up back-to-back. Still, great show all around.

(also, when's the last time we had a repeating digit in Strikes? Seems to be the first time in the Drew era.)
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 06:43:55 PM »
What a Way to Start Dream Car Week!
Everything was on Point in Today's show.
That 3 Strikes playing was a Forced Lost waiting to Happened. You probably had to get very lucky to win that.
This is going to be a hard show to top for the rest of the week.

A lot of records were Tied or set in Today's Show: ( Let me know if i'm wrong )
1) The most expensive prize offered and won happened in three games: Pick-A-Number , Range Game and Vend-o-Price.
2) We tied the Record today for most Non-Car ( Games that aren't Normally played for a Car ) Pricing Games with Four + Also the Most wins ( Non-Car Games Played ) in one show with 4.
3) Vend-O-Price was played in Back to Back Aired Shows for the 1st time in its Brief History.
4) I think this was the 1st time in Show History ( Correct me if I'm Wrong ) where all 3 Contestants ( In Either Half ) won a Car.
5) We had 5 different Contestants win a Car today.
6) I believe to be the 1st time in 3 Strikes history with the same number used Twice ( 1 ) in a Playing. 

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 06:52:30 PM »
6) I believe to be the 1st time in 3 Strikes history with the same number used Twice ( 1 ) in a Playing.
As far as the daytime show, this is the first time a digit has repeated. That being said, the Doug Davidson TPIR from 1994 had repeating digits in 3 Strikes... but then again, that show also gave you the first digit for free.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 07:05:54 PM »
I was like "wow, they haven't had two separate cars in the first half of the show like since the 80s", when it happened fairly often. But time the third showed up, I knew they were pulling out all the stops for this episode.

I'm curious to know if the producers were having a case of the sweats by time the second dollar was spun on the wheel. I honestly expected one of them to hit it again. Giving away 5 cars in the first 30 minutes would have been amazing.

The double "1" in 3 Strikes was clever, essentially making it the same odds as a 5 digit car. With a bit more luck, it could have been won. That Beemer was pretty slick looking.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 08:10:20 PM »
In 3 Strikes, would it have been a better strategy to guess that the first 1 that was drawn was the 2nd-6th number, instead of putting it in the obvious 1st spot straight away?

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 08:17:30 PM »
In 3 Strikes, would it have been a better strategy to guess that the first 1 that was drawn was the 2nd-6th number, instead of putting it in the obvious 1st spot straight away?
Hmm... actually, it has to be yes, isn't it? Prolong the better chances of drawing a number as long as possible. No one will ever ever do this, it's like Rent where you only realize it after the fact.

They certainly pulled out all the stops today to have a bang of a start. I guess it makes sense to let whatever happen happen on the first show and adjust the setups later on in the week, so hey, here's a ton of cars!!1

That said, I don't think they quite wanted 4 cars won in the PGs - seemed more like 2 with a lot of tossup-y setups in the first half. I also didn't think Gas made sense - if 3X goes on a couple minutes longer and Gas goes at least some of the way, that would have been impossible to edit (and they already are editing out some NOs in 3X sometimes, which I hate...). This was a perfect day for Money/TTM to lessen the load so it's pretty funny none of the common cars showed.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 09:33:28 PM »
Thanks for posting. The road trip I mentioned I'm on with SuperSweeper, also includes Torgo and we're on the road currently. Adam is also traveling out elsewhere and those two are currently the primary one who have the ability to start a thread in this section who do it.

No problem at all. I don't mind handling the recap duties this week, if that's of any help. :)

- thepriceis_J from Mile 110 I-40 Eastboud in Tennessee

If you make it as far east as the stretch between mile markers 200 and 300, that will take you through my county of residence!
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »
Semi off-topic: I am going to do a count of the amount of car given out total this week, to test the validity of the "Giving over 1M dollars in cars" claim. Info is from QWIZX unless otherwise stated. I won't count the bonus spin cars just yet, and won't unless a bonus car is won.

Besides the 6 cars in the pricing games, things get a bit more interesting.
SC1- Ford Fusion SE: $24395 est. (That trip was on the Jane Lynch Hollywood Star Special, valued at $11,418. Easy).
SC2-Mini Cooper Convertible: $31050 est. (I had to go to the website to recreate it. The scooters are $5238 from 7922K, so that is cheapish patio furniture if that holds.)

Total Car Value won:    $154,439
Total Car Value offered:$367,830

"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 12:08:05 PM »
Kinda off topic, but I found out what the cue they used for the BMW i8 was:
It's "In the Roar" on Killer Tracks.

I also found another cue (used for water crafts and whatnot): "Beat Them", also on Killer Tracks.

I was honestly pretty happy when I finally found those cues, especially "In the Roar".