Author Topic: First exact IUFB win?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
  • AKA The One Who No One Gets
First exact IUFB win?
« on: May 26, 2017, 08:20:30 PM »
As everyone knows, occasionally on the show, someone in Contestants Row will get the exact price of an item up for bid and win $500. Does anyone know when the very first "on the nose" bid was? I assume it was back in the 80s or something.

NOTE: I tried posting this in The Price WAS Right, but I didn't get any responses.
You're going to play PLINKOOOOOOOOOOOOO! For a chance to win up to fifty THOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAND dollars!

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Re: First exact IUFB win?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 08:29:19 PM »
It was actually the very first episode, September 4, 1972.  The IUFB was a General Electric dishwasher, and one contestant bid $250, which was the actual retail price.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:36:15 PM »
It was actually the very first episode, September 4, 1972.  The IUFB was a General Electric dishwasher, and one contestant bid $250, which was the actual retail price.

Who was the contestant that won it?
You're going to play PLINKOOOOOOOOOOOOO! For a chance to win up to fifty THOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAND dollars!

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 10:00:58 PM »
Elaine, third item of for bids.  Winning bid announced around 17:26 in this video:
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 11:06:12 PM »
Elaine, third item of for bids.  Winning bid announced around 17:26 in this video:

I see. Another question I have about the exact IUFB thing is what was the first one with a sound (not the bell, as I think there may have been another one used before it)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 12:28:23 AM »
I meant to ask that question, but more specifically, for when they added the $100 bonus for a perfect bid.