Author Topic: 7954K - 05/26/17 Recap Thread  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Mr. Weatherman

7954K - 05/26/17 Recap Thread
« on: May 27, 2017, 02:15:12 PM »
PICK-A-NUMBER - W (2:39.63)
GROCERY GAME - W (5:16.09)
10 CHANCES - P (6:29.59)
SECRET "X" - W (4:36.77)
1 RIGHT PRICE - W (2:52.81)
LUCKY SEVEN - L (3:39.56)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:30:03 PM by Torgo »
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 7954K - 05/26/17 Recap Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 02:31:53 PM »
After all those Cars giving out in Pricing Games last week during Dream Car Week, I obviously excepted a letdown.
Not a Single Car was won during a Pricing Game this week ( I'm assuming this is happened before in Show History ) 
We're on a 12 Car-Game Losing Streak ( Last Car won during a Pricing Game: Punch-a-Bunch last Friday )

Dana put on a clinic as to how to play Grocery Game.
BTW: What was the theme of the Grocery items?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 03:11:16 PM »
Comments:

PaN...
10 Chances: RIP in using 3 chances in the laptop for breaking the 0 rule.

Secret X: Two prize packages for both the GP and SP. No.

L7: Yeah, we are on budget mode. 5 would have lost you at least two bucks a pick.

SC's: Oh, let's just have a trip and car in 1!
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 03:16:00 PM »
That's what I was wondering at well. I was thinking something relating to burning/toasting, but the cleaner wouldn't make any sense. Drew didn't even mention anything either.

Either way, good to finally get lots of wins to close a week that was short on them. I was particularly puzzled to see the audience booing Bruce's guess in 1 Right Price - the ending made it obvious that it was the TV.

10 Chances was pretty difficult with that really cheap laptop - can't blame her for spending so many guesses, honestly.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 03:21:49 PM »
10 Chances! One of my favorite games. I can tell Drew really wants to share "the zero rule" with contestants these days. I'd prefer that he lean toward more of a neutral position. Contestants should watch the show and learn.

This has me thinking now: What if the contestant explicitly stated "the zero rule" during gameplay? I figure the producers would edit it out before airing if that actually happened.

10 Chances was pretty difficult with that really cheap laptop - can't blame her for spending so many guesses, honestly.
I agree, except for those not following "the zero rule".

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 03:40:52 PM »
So yeah, I saw 10 Chances, Secret "X", and 1 Right Price backstage after the taping I attended. Makes sense that I didn't see the other three since they were close to taping and PaN and Grocery were probably closer to the stage and Lucky $even is a bunch of panels. I also saw three of the cars to be used, but didn't remember exactly what they were.

Can we talk about how Drew stopped just short of mentioning the zero rule today in 10 Chances. He made it very clear to reference that there was a "way to play the game." A shame the contestant didn't try the other $600 option. A lot of choices for that 2nd prize, but she was close and got off track.

I'm usually good at spotting the theme of Grocery Game before George describes the items, but for some reason, I'm having the hardest time spotting this one. Anyone see it?
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 03:44:10 PM »
Hint:

WOODen matches
BRICK oven pizza
WOOLite carpet cleaner
WHEAT cereal
ORE-Ida french fries

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 05:00:41 PM »
Just an excellently played Grocery Game. Dana played it exactly the right way.

10 Chances on the other hand was not. It started with such promise, but then Lori forgot the 0 rule. It felt like she got flustered after not getting the laptop on the first three turns. I didn't think it would be that inexpensive though.

And we're back to tougher setups in Lucky $even after two very easy ones.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 05:03:28 PM »
Hint:

WOODen matches
BRICK oven pizza
WOOLite carpet cleaner
WHEAT cereal
ORE-Ida french fries

My gosh... They are playing Settlers of Catan with us!  :-P

I really don't like posting without something new... so... uh... does someone have how much the Ford Fiesta was in 10 Chances? I have a hunch it ended it 0.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 05:24:10 PM »
Hint:

WOODen matches
BRICK oven pizza
WOOLite carpet cleaner
WHEAT cereal
ORE-Ida french fries

Good Job with figuring it out. I was stumped with this one and i'm usually good with figuring it out.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 11:54:21 PM »
[D]oes someone have how much the Ford Fiesta was in 10 Chances? I have a hunch it ended it 0.

Yeah, although obviously unofficial, I have it at $17,890, which is hard by 10C standards. Here's how:

We have this car here, from May 2nd, in 5 Price Tags. using my carpendium: Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback 5/2/2017 $16,505 1.6L, 5-spd MT, FWD, 16" eight-spoke black machined aluminum wheels, equipment group 200A.

So, from there, we can figure out what the differences were in options from that car to this car, which were only 6-spd AT and the cold weather package. According to Ford's page for the 2017 Fiesta SE, AT replacing MT adds $1,095, while the cold weather package is $290. Add the $1,385 to that $16,505 and there you my $17,890.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!