Author Topic: Ten years ago today...Bob's last taped show  (Read 2294 times)

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Ten years ago today...Bob's last taped show
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 10:26:54 AM »
I so wish that the current regime ran TPIR the exact same way Bob & Roger did.

I'm afraid that about as close as we'll ever get to that was during Drew's first season as host.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 12:44:25 PM »
It was about this time 10 years ago that I was loading a DVD into the tray to record the evening re-broadcast of Bob's final show -- which, by the way, was really awesome of CBS to do!

Not gonna lie, I got a bit emotional as he was saying his final goodbye at the end, but man, how special it was to get to witness that.

I am just glad that the I believe three times Bob has returned since Drew took over, (the book advertising and the april fools show and bobs 90th birthday) at the end, Drew let bob do the spay or neuter plug.

Offline REDHEADVICKI

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 09:18:41 AM »
Hello all.
I miss Bob, but Drew had done a great job as a host.

Bob still did a good job hosting Lucky 7 on April Fools Day 2015

Offline whewfan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 04:57:21 AM »
Keep in mind that some of the changes we've seen are not necessarily coming from the current crew... CBS also stepped in with their own ideas. Roger had said that CBS wanted things like set changes, having pairs and couples, celebs, etc. Bob Barker had enough pull to do the show the way it should be done.

Offline RedWing512

• In the Audience
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 04:50:07 PM »
Keep in mind that some of the changes we've seen are not necessarily coming from the current crew... CBS also stepped in with their own ideas. Roger had said that CBS wanted things like set changes, having pairs and couples, celebs, etc. Bob Barker had enough pull to do the show the way it should be he wanted it done.

FTFY.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 11:56:00 PM »
FTFY.
Not that there was anything to fix, mind you...

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Going Back in Time: The G-R Mantra
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 06:29:10 AM »
This debate regarding whether Bob's way was the right way ends now, understand?
CSS Champion - Season IX (Part II)
G-R Recapper - Season 44 (Part I)

And if you win that trip, you travel to the end of the Golden Road, where we have the most expensive prize ever offered on Golden Road.net!!!! IT IS MORE THAN $481,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Wild cheering and applause) LOOK WHAT WE HAVE AT THE END OF THE GOLDEN ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR OWN PRIVATE ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF TAHITI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and your whole family will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Tahiti where you'll sign a deed to a 2-mile across, 2-mile wide island 25 miles off the coast of Tahiti. This island includes a beachouse and more! And if you win this island, you'll recieve A NEW CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 11:16:05 PM »
Keep in mind that some of the changes we've seen are not necessarily coming from the current crew... CBS also stepped in with their own ideas. Roger had said that CBS wanted things like set changes, having pairs and couples, celebs, etc. Bob Barker had enough pull to do the show the way it should be done.

I never knew all that was CBS's doing instead of Fremantle. Shows how much control CBS has over the show these days.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »
I never knew all that was CBS's doing instead of Fremantle. Shows how much control CBS has over the show these days.

It is their airtime after all--they have every right to be as involved, or not, as they wish in the product.