Author Topic: Family Double Dare: Old Timers  (Read 1948 times)

Offline TheDeviantYoutuber

• Outside in Line
Family Double Dare: Old Timers
« on: June 07, 2017, 07:57:19 PM »
Now I know that a thread related pretty much exactly this is on the forum, but it was locked and I have found a link to the "Lost" Episode of Family Double Dare, Old Timers!! (I say "Lost: in quotes because this episode is said to have never been meant to air. If you think/know otherwise, please say!)

Anyway, Old Timers is on a Dailymotion Channel called "Chris Bryant". Google it and you should find it. I am not allowed to post external links. lol!

Also, the account this was uploaded on has a slew of Game shows for you to watch and enjoy! Sorry for the long-winded post, but when I can help in someway, I do!!

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Family Double Dare: Old Timers
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 11:52:18 PM »
Never knew there was a lost episode of Family Double Dare.  They're rare enough to begin with as many of them only aired once (as primetime specials during the Nielsen Sweeps in the spring of 1988) Here's a side by side comparison of how similar Family Double Dare was to the '86 Specials of the Price Is Right that aired against Cosby Show repeats during July and August of '86...
1.Both the primetime TPIR and Family Double Dare had the hosts/hostesses wearing tuxedoes (Bob Barker/Rod Roddy, Marc Summers, John Harvey, Robin Marella, Dave Shikiar)
2.The sets were snazzed up for both shows' respective specials.  For TPIR, there were extra lights bordering the big doors, and a gold "The Price Is Right Special" logo on the big doors...For Family Double Dare, there were extra chase lights along the walls, the purple wall behind Marc Summers' podium was glass block instead of solid, and the contestant podia had a different color scheme.
3.New music cues and camera angles....For TPIR, the transition between the 3rd/6th pricing game and the Big Wheel with the cue that would later be used in the introduction to Temptation...For FDD, the main theme, and physical challenge/obstacle course cues had horns added as the lead instrument, as well as the overhead camera that would be used to trail the course runner as they would go down the Sundae Slide.
4.The budget was much bigger.  TPIR offered high-end luxury cars in Any Number, and Hole In One (with the $500.00 bonus being upped to $1,000.00 for perfect product pricing in Hole in One) FDD offered better trips, a new car for completing all eight obstacles on the obstacle course, and even designated one of the later obstacles to have a progressive cash jackpot that increased by $500.00 each time it wasn't completed.  (I believe it got up to 4 or $5,000.00 at one point)
5.Many of the changes introduced on both series' nighttime specials carried over to the daytime versions.

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Family Double Dare: Old Timers
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 01:39:01 PM »
Here's the Dailymotion channel right here:

http://dailymotion.com/chris-bryant

Just click on the featured video (Air Force One vs. The Milk Like Substances) and you should be able to see the episode (which never actually aired on TV) that the OP is referring to.