Author Topic: Is there an "easy" way to ID an episode?  (Read 4111 times)

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Is there an "easy" way to ID an episode?
« on: June 07, 2017, 08:07:29 PM »
In case the Comey hearing causes the 6/8 episode to be pre-empted in the east but not in the west, and CBS decides to air a repeat, is there some "easy" way to identify it (say, an ID number in the closing credits somewhere), or do I have to compare the game list against every Season 45 episode to see if there's a match?

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Is there an "easy" way to ID an episode?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 08:28:16 PM »
You'd probably have to cross-check against the game calendars.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:36:32 PM »
...calendars which I'll freely admit aren't as up-to-date as usual thanks to me being about a quarter of a season behind right now.  (I've been slowly getting caught back up and am updating the calendars and FAQ as I go.)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 10:55:49 AM »
You'd probably have to cross-check against the game calendars.
Game calendars, you say?  TPIRStats?

There appears to be a (slightly) easier way - the site has a list of all of the showcase winning amounts (current through last Friday), and the only duplicates appear to be The Dreaded Double Overbids, each of which has a different IUFB total.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 11:23:33 AM »
A little odd they would be doing this , but Based on what Their Official Twitter page Posted ( They posted a Spoiler Photo of one of the games being played today ) , it's a New Episode today.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 01:04:51 PM »
A rerun of #7643K (10/12/16) is airing on the West Coast.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 06:15:44 PM »
A little odd they would be doing this , but Based on what Their Official Twitter page Posted ( They posted a Spoiler Photo of one of the games being played today ) , it's a New Episode today.

They Since have deleted the Tweet in Question.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 09:42:36 PM »
They Since have deleted the Tweet in Question.
Given that these tweets are posted usually around 9-11am our time, that's really early out west. I wouldn't be surprised if they have those tweets (and most of them) automated to be posted and forgot to cancel it today. Apparently, another tweet was sent out by show (possibly spoiling the showcase round), before being deleted quicker than first tweet that featured the pricing game.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 12:25:57 PM »
Same thing that happened last week happened again.
Their Twitter page spoiled a Pricing game from today's show ( What was Played and if it was won or not ) 
The Twitter post happen about 5 minutes after Torgo posted , mentioning that Today's New Episode was Postponed.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 01:03:15 PM »
#7675K (11/4/16) is reairing on the West Coast today.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 01:43:15 PM »
Their Twitter page spoiled a Pricing game from today's show ( What was Played and if it was won or not ) 

And once again they deleted the post , this time was a lot faster then the one from last week.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 07:42:35 PM »
#7675K (11/4/16) is reairing on the West Coast today.
Except in San Francisco, where the entire episode was pre-empted because of coverage of the shooting at a UPS facility in the city.

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 09:23:11 PM »
Except in San Francisco, where the entire episode was pre-empted because of coverage of the shooting at a UPS facility in the city.

And will also be the case tomorrow with the Warriors victory parade, it will move however to their CW affiliate. I don't know if Pittsburgh's CW affiliate aired the show today, as their CBS station pre-empted it for the Penguins parade (do CW stations have the same level of pre-emptions as the networks?)

Offline Champ2399

• Outside in Line
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 11:09:10 PM »
Am I correct that there are four new episodes airing over the summer season starting June 26? (last new show is June 23)

July 4th special, Back-to School episode in late August, and the two recently pre-empted shows?  My guess is that they'll schedule the two pre-emptions for June 26 and 27 ... but maybe they will scatter them elsewhere?

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2017, 01:02:18 AM »
Am I correct that there are four new episodes airing over the summer season starting June 26? (last new show is June 23)

July 4th special, Back-to School episode in late August, and the two recently pre-empted shows?
The show that is airing on June 23 also got pre-empted on its original airdate - it was originally going to air on January 11th but got pre-empted by a Trump press conference, so the regular season finale is technically June 22's show. But yes, you are correct otherwise.

Precedent suggests that this Wednesday and last Thursday's shows will likely air either June 26/27, or sometime in late August/September. It is pretty odd that they still haven't announced when they will air, though.