Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 252089 times)

Offline jlgarfield

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Rider Pride!
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1410 on: Yesterday at 09:17:37 PM »
I'm sure as you watch these eps on this channel, there are some prizes that make you say "Only in the 80s". XD

What are some examples? I can think of some of the computers offered in this era. :D

Offline C8

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #1411 on: Yesterday at 10:17:05 PM »
I'm sure as you watch these eps on this channel, there are some prizes that make you say "Only in the 80s". XD

What are some examples? I can think of some of the computers offered in this era. :D

The furniture! Omg the furniture. How did we survive the onslaught of waterbeds, [gaudy] brass, mauve, and rattan?!?!

The one that takes the cake are the $800 chairs made of PVC. Egad!
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:20:50 PM by C8 »

Offline DYC

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #1412 on: Today at 03:16:46 AM »

The AMC car brand.
Tappan and Gibson Appliances.
Haggar Slacks and cans of paint in SP games.
Bakers racks, big wooden rocking horses and the globe on a stand that opens up into a bar set

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #1413 on: Today at 03:53:40 AM »

When the prize is a car with the passenger side facing the camera, and the model does that move where she walks around past the hood so she winds up walking backward along the passenger side, I think about how she'll have to be careful not to back into the side mirror. Only to realize that there is no mirror on the passenger side.

I may have mentioned this before, but it seemed like Dian was determined to sit on every single pool table the show offered. That is not how pool tables were meant to be used, Dian.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. While supplies last; no rain checks.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1414 on: Today at 06:14:30 AM »
I may have mentioned this before, but it seemed like Dian was determined to sit on every single pool table the show offered. That is not how pool tables were meant to be used, Dian.

Many of our teenage fantasies would disagree with you.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #1415 on: Today at 07:11:39 AM »
Many of our teenage fantasies would disagree with you.

Not to mention Barker himself, probably...

Getting back on the topic of prizes that were a product of their time, I must say that that yellow Ford Fairmont 2-door they offered on almost every show in Season 12 is one of the most butt-ugly cars I've ever seen.