Author Topic: Simple Questions & Answers Thread  (Read 26133 times)

Offline brosa0

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Fan of Aussie TPiR!!
Re: Simple Questions & Answers Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2019, 04:57:13 PM »
He would rightly lose.  If he's that worried about, then set it higher.

Online gamesurf

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2019, 08:00:54 PM »
I don't watch the show regularly any more so this may have changed a while back. When did the CBS Pages stop standing at or near contestant's row during taping? Are there any pages in studio at all now?

A month late but they're still there, just farther offstage than they used to be. When there's a chance a contestant that may need assistance wins their One Bid the pages appear magically near the stairs.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2019, 10:44:22 PM »
Magic #: Suppose the contestant is trying to set the magic number at $2200, but the machine is too sensitive and goes from $2197 to $2204, etc. Now I've heard Drew say in the past something like, "That's good enough." If the contestant ultimately sets the number to $2198, when he wanted $2200, and if the ARP of the low prize is $2199, what would happen? Should said contestant be awarded the prize?

I say yes, because in this case Drew is directly affecting the gameplay by telling the contestant that $2198 is "good enough" for a $2200 answer.
"Now folks, I want to thank you very, very much for inviting me into your homes for the last 50 years.  I am deeply grateful.  And please remember - help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered.  Goodbye, everybody!"
- Bob Barker signs off for the last time, June 15, 2007