Author Topic: Simple Questions & Answers Thread  (Read 61418 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Double Prices is the BEST game.
Re: Simple Questions & Answers Thread
« Reply #195 on: March 09, 2020, 08:34:20 PM »
Ehhhh, I suspect they would deem that unimportant information, and if it is important, most likely confidential. So I would guess, no.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Season 15 cash earnings: $151,769
Season 16 cash earnings: $124,373

Why is it that the best threads come and go in the middle of the night while I'm asleep?

Offline gamesurf

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2020, 01:02:51 AM »
There’s no way of knowing which prizes are accepted or declined short of tracking down winners and asking them. That’s not something the show would ever make public.

But if you’re a producer trying to produce “winners” but still control the budget, there might be some logic in offering a $20,000 bathroom hoping that most contestants would turn it down rather than spend $6,000 on taxes for something they don’t really want or need.

Trips do not need to be taken immediately if accepted. They can be taken anytime within one year from the air date.
Quote from: Mark Goodson
"It's the greatest challenge in the world to invent a new game. For every one you see, every concept that is ultimately refined and developed, a dozen are worked on and not worked on, or almost worked on, or dropped because they don't read any more. We test and hammer and test and hammer...

When you finally get it down so that it looks very very simple, that one has had the most complicated amount of work."

Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline GasMoney09721007

• Outside in Line
« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2020, 09:19:32 AM »
What's the record for the most spin-offs in one Showcase Showdown? (Or at the very least, spin-offs that made it to air since at some point I'm sure some had to be cut for time)

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2020, 09:29:21 AM »
What's the record for the most spin-offs in one Showcase Showdown? (Or at the very least, spin-offs that made it to air since at some point I'm sure some had to be cut for time)
I don't know if this is the actual record, but 3 is the most I've ever seen, and it's happened at least twice:
https://youtu.be/7fFqiuXoLcA
https://youtu.be/lOPW-m6D01g

Offline Spmahn

• Outside in Line
« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2020, 10:16:22 AM »
When it comes to grocery items, what determines when the show refers to them by their brand name vs. a generic label? For example on Friday’s show a box of Fruit Rollups were called “fruit flavored snack rolls” or a bottle of Asprin might be called “A bottle of pain reliever pills” which a carton of juice might be called “A 12 ounce carton of Minute Maid Pink Lemonade”. Does it just come down to whether or not the brand is a sponsor or not?

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #200 on: March 30, 2020, 10:50:44 AM »
When it comes to grocery items, what determines when the show refers to them by their brand name vs. a generic label? For example on Friday’s show a box of Fruit Rollups were called “fruit flavored snack rolls” or a bottle of Asprin might be called “A bottle of pain reliever pills” which a carton of juice might be called “A 12 ounce carton of Minute Maid Pink Lemonade”. Does it just come down to whether or not the brand is a sponsor or not?

Yes.