Author Topic: Simple Questions & Answers Thread  (Read 5129 times)

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Simple Questions & Answers Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2017, 02:20:10 PM »
Most of us know that he focuses more on the comedy aspect of the show.
You really must watch a different show than I do.  Other than the April Fool's special episodes, I can't think of anything in recent years that was done specifically for comedy values.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2017, 02:50:44 PM »
In an interview with Mike Richard on youtube, the interviewer asks him if they have retired any games since he has taken over or recently and he says no.
At least Make Your Mark, Clearance Sale, and Step Up all fit this criteria, and I strongly suspect Credit Card does as well. Barker's Bargain Bar and Check Game were essentially retired for years (particularly the former), and 3 Strikes teetered rather close to it given what happened in Season 37.

I will probably get bashed, but with the number of losses in games such as TTM and PTR, I doubt Richards will ever retire them.
I assure you that more than a few around here are in full agreement with you, particularly since Pay the Rent was initially never meant to be won.

Most of us know that he focuses more on the comedy aspect of the show.
As Casey stated, not quite. He seems more focused on the "BIG PRIZE" mentality (see, again, Pay the Rent).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 02:57:11 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline SBarsodo

• In the Audience
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2017, 03:33:12 PM »
I have quick question.  I seem to remember a long time ago I was watching an episode of TPIR and saw that they offered a hoveround in Double Prices.  I think it was during the early 2000's.  Is this true?

Online tpiradam

• Double Showcase Winner
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2017, 03:37:24 PM »
I'm not sure about that occurrence but I seem to believe they had offered one on Race Game sometime around 2006/2007.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2017, 04:05:45 PM »
I remember one being offered in Pushover during season 31.