Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Simple Questions & Answers Thread

<< < (138/138)

C8:
When clothes are offered on the show, does the contestant get to pick the size of said clothing before they receive the prize or are they provided as shown on the show? Always wondered that.

b_masters8:

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on March 08, 2024, 02:13:40 PM ---Now that the pricing games are controlled by one computer, when sound effects can be built in, they are. For example, when Double Cross is lost, the computer is programmed to play the buzzer at the same time the board turns red. Or play the bells at the same time the winning animation is activated.

--- End quote ---

The same w/Card Game as it is now-- the foghorn sounds if the screen turns red for a loss, and the bells play (in addition to a Vegas-style winning sound) if the screen is green for a win.

Or on Check Game-- if the total (check and prize) is out of the range, the screens turn red w/the buzzer (and the check is voided), but if the total is in range, the screens flash green and have a snazzy animation.

Axl:

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on March 08, 2024, 02:13:40 PM ---Now that the pricing games are controlled by one computer, when sound effects can be built in, they are. For example, when Double Cross is lost, the computer is programmed to play the buzzer at the same time the board turns red. Or play the bells at the same time the winning animation is activated.

--- End quote ---

Do you know how the Time Is Money button works now? It appears to be wired and functional in some way. I assume it's initially set up to just buzz, and then when the contestant gets the right arrangement, something is triggered offstage to change its functionality to "win" the next time it's pressed. If so, I've wondered what they would do if a contestant were so fast or slipshod on the placement of the grocery items that the operator did not change the button over before it was pressed.

ooboh:

--- Quote from: Axl on April 09, 2024, 12:41:58 PM ---Do you know how the Time Is Money button works now? It appears to be wired and functional in some way. I assume it's initially set up to just buzz, and then when the contestant gets the right arrangement, something is triggered offstage to change its functionality to "win" the next time it's pressed. If so, I've wondered what they would do if a contestant were so fast or slipshod on the placement of the grocery items that the operator did not change the button over before it was pressed.

--- End quote ---

Funnily enough, I recall the exact opposite scenario happening a few years ago. The contestant initially had the right configuration but changed one of the items at the last moment; however, the clock stopped as if the contestant was correct. If your assumption is correct, then the operator was unable to switch the button from "right" to "wrong," resulting in a win when there wasn't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version