Author Topic: Simple Questions & Answers Thread  (Read 18436 times)

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Simple Questions & Answers Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2018, 07:56:13 PM »
Iím honestly not sure. My guess is sometime in the range of 2003-08.

I think this oneís been asked before but does anyone know why Lucky $even didnít offer another 5-digit car for about six years after the 1986 specials? I think one was offered on the daytime show, but it went back to the 4-digit format until approx. 1992.
Probably because of how awkward the original 5-digit format for Lucky Seven was, would explain why they stopped using that rule set. Though I'm not sure why it took them six years to devise the current 5-digit format. Thinking about it, and how they usually made the older car games 5-digit-compatible, makes me surprised they didn't use the current rules from the outset.

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2018, 10:16:11 AM »
I don't know if this has been answered before or if I can find the answer elsewhere, but this is concerning Pick a Pair. Drew always asks which of the two grocery products the contestant wants to keep, in the event that they do not pick a correct pair at the beginning, as they know the price of two already. Is the contestant obligated to match another product up with one of the two known prices, or is the contestant allowed to pick two completely different products?

I know it's better to go with a known product, but was just curious if, for some reason, they didn't want to whether they would be allowed to do that.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2018, 01:14:47 PM »
Is the contestant obligated to match another product up with one of the two known prices, or is the contestant allowed to pick two completely different products?
I believe they are obligated to match one of the two items they picked on their first turn, and always have been.