Author Topic: Simple Questions & Answers Thread  (Read 21297 times)

Offline tpir04

• In Contestant's Row
  • Double Prices is the BEST game.
Re: Simple Questions & Answers Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2018, 05:13:58 PM »
When did the models stop wearing bikinis?
As a follow-up, when did they start? I don't remember the models wearing them in the early days of TPIR.
I walk into Barker's Bargain Bar to find some deals. I notice the men's department and encounter some Temptation. I go over and look at some t-shirts trying to figure out which one is 1/2 Off. One shirt has Five Price Tags on it for some reason so I must go to the price scanner to find out which is the One Right Price. Next I go over to the slacks and see a sign, "2 for the Price of 1." I figure the Clearance Sale price is around $40 each. Seeing that it's a good deal, I Take Two. Time is running short, so I hurry over to the shoes department to see if I can Pick a Pair for my meeting tomorrow. I find the perfect shoes, hurry back to the Check-Out and hand the clothes to the clerk so she can ring them up. She tells me the Actual Retail Price for all the items, and I discover...

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!

Have a nice day.

Offline tpir04

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2019, 08:20:47 PM »
Regarding Spelling Bee: has there ever been an instance of a contestant picking both CAR cards in addition to spelling 'CAR'?
I walk into Barker's Bargain Bar to find some deals. I notice the men's department and encounter some Temptation. I go over and look at some t-shirts trying to figure out which one is 1/2 Off. One shirt has Five Price Tags on it for some reason so I must go to the price scanner to find out which is the One Right Price. Next I go over to the slacks and see a sign, "2 for the Price of 1." I figure the Clearance Sale price is around $40 each. Seeing that it's a good deal, I Take Two. Time is running short, so I hurry over to the shoes department to see if I can Pick a Pair for my meeting tomorrow. I find the perfect shoes, hurry back to the Check-Out and hand the clothes to the clerk so she can ring them up. She tells me the Actual Retail Price for all the items, and I discover...

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!

Have a nice day.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • An Actual Sweep Total
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2019, 08:24:46 PM »
Regarding Spelling Bee: has there ever been an instance of a contestant picking both CAR cards in addition to spelling 'CAR'?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YskKpeEHSnM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YskKpeEHSnM</a>
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2019, 10:31:24 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YskKpeEHSnM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YskKpeEHSnM</a>
Then that makes at least twice it happened, since I seem to recall a male contestant doing the same thing (somewhere around 1994 or 1995). I don't think any video of it is on YouTube, though.

Offline tpir04

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2019, 02:57:16 PM »
Regarding Range Game, has there ever been a time that the ARP was in the top $50 or bottom $50 of the range? Is there anything that prohibits the producers from setting it up that way?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:00:34 PM by tpir04 »

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!

Have a nice day.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2019, 12:39:49 AM »
I know it's been in the top quarter on very rare occasions.  I have no way to prove it, but I feel safe saying it's never been in the area the rangefinder starts in for the simple reason that that'd look really stupid.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2019, 07:40:19 AM »
Not the bottom $50, but in the S40 premiere you could have won without the rangefinder moving.
"Drew is the greatest at the show that Drew does...how do we make Bob's show Drew's show?"
~ Mike Richards, Cover Story: The Price is Right, aired June 17, 2018