Author Topic: Simple Questions & Answers Thread  (Read 181192 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
Re: Simple Questions & Answers Thread
« Reply #570 on: August 01, 2022, 06:40:47 PM »
Since the rats in Rat Race are selected at random, and we've seen that there's no guarantee that any given rat will finish (or even start), isn't it theoretically possible that all five rats fail to finish the race? If so, does anybody know what would happen in that case?

I would have to think that if something like that happened, they'd just edit it out and redo the race.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline CaptainPrice

• Outside in Line
« Reply #571 on: August 01, 2022, 10:54:47 PM »
I noticed wasn't cliffhangers played much in season's 18 and 19 after looking at the stats.  I find that to be odd since Cliffhangers is a popular game next to Plinko.

If I had to guess, it's probably the same reason why Magic # was mostly absent in Season 33. Same with Double Prices' record low playings, also in Season 19 - the staff decided it was time for a break. (In Double Price's case, it was probably because of Gallery Game)

This observation I'm making's just speculation, and may not be the reason why both games had abnormally low playings in Season 19.

Offline gamesurf

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #572 on: August 01, 2022, 11:33:19 PM »
I would have to think that if something like that happened, they'd just edit it out and redo the race.

At one point I wondered “what if three of the rats failed to finish, but the contestant picked the two that did? Would the contestant really be happy ‘giving up’ a car and a large prize for a chance at a dinky third prize?”

Scott responded there were “what if” provisions in the Rat Race rules that fairly resolved situations like those, although the specifics were fuzzy.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline FDRfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #573 on: August 06, 2022, 04:50:49 AM »
This question might be dumb to ask, but I was just wondering when TPIR added those white lights to the colored curtains back in the early 90s.

Personal opinion I thought those  lights didn't mesh well with curtains.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #574 on: August 06, 2022, 09:06:54 AM »
Actually, TPIR has had several different sets of lights behind the curtains over the years. The first lights were added in January 1985, but were more subtle compared to future iterations. These lights disappeared in late 1987 or early 1988 when the curved curtains (along with an extra ninth green curtain) arrived, but reappeared again in the spring of 1990 with new, brighter white lights. Then came the short-lived silver curtains used for the 25th anniversary, with its own set of lights. Because these extra lights were hot, it was important to turn them off after taping, and when the staff forgot to do so, the curtains got damaged, so the previous curtains returned. As the CBS Eye curtains were being phased out for more curtains (originally red-green-blue-yellow), more lights were added around the audience. When Drew became the host, the curtains/lights were replaced again.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/