Author Topic: FPG 6/16/17 - GDC Finals  (Read 3266 times)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
FPG 6/16/17 - GDC Finals
« on: June 14, 2017, 09:12:31 PM »
And then there were four. Kev347. Wayoshi. TPIRFan2000. Flerbert419. These four players have battled through the long regular season full of sandbags and spoilers, followed by the playoff tournament, just to get to this point.

I am aware that we did lose Wednesday's show due to a CBS News Special Report (TM). However, I am hesitant to cancel this week's game with our only backup date being a fill-in-the-blanks/make-good. Therefore, we're going to at least try to play this week, with the understanding that we'll go to next week if anything further happens to the remaining episodes.

Best of luck to all four of you as you play one last game for the Cup, and also to anyone else who's just playing for fun.

====================

SPOILERS: None I've seen. Let's hope it stays that way.

THIS WEEK'S LINEUPS (highlight to view):
#7981K (Monday): Grand/CoG/Money/Balance/Race/Path
#7982K (Tuesday): TTM/Move/Plinko/Buck/Safe/Freeze
#7983K (Wednesday): POSTPONED (due to CBS News pre-emption) - but we know one game, see the spoilers thread
#7984K (Thursday): 1RP/Cover/Vend/PaN/Seat/L7
#7985K (Friday): YOU ARE HERE
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:57:03 PM by whammy007 »

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: FPG 6/16/17 - GDC Finals
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 10:18:44 PM »
What? You can't seriously have a FPG final on an incomplete week?

7974 / 7983 likely are going to air right after 7763. Make the final one of those. You REALLY can't do this.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:21:14 PM by Wayoshi »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 10:48:24 PM »
We have no idea when either of those episodes might be at this time, and I really don't think we should hold up the finals for something that we might not know is coming until it suddenly just appears from out of the ether. For all we know, they could just as easily hold those make-goods till September, by which point we'll completely forget about finishing FPG.

That leaves us with the unpleasant choice of having the finals now or on 7763 next week. I don't like having to lay this one on you guys any more than you like reading it, but given the choice of four-show week versus fill-in-the-blanks, I've chosen to try and see if we can get a game off now where there's a little bit more skill involved than simply looking at an almost-completed frequency chart.

It's highly unusual, I get that, but these have been highly unusual circumstances. If we get any word on reschedules quickly, I will be happy to revisit my decision. But for now, I stand by my choice to make this Friday the final match.

Online Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 11:17:37 PM »
If we are going to do this, we have an unresolved spoiler issue to deal with for today's show.

A game played on #7983K was posted on Twitter and quickly removed, and has not been posted in the proper thread.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 11:33:18 PM »
It has now, thanks to 2K, and its presence has been noted in the lineups section above.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 09:18:43 PM »
Not opening a thread for four people, so here's your "I got your stuff" post...

Wayo, Kev, and 2K are in, Flerbie isn't yet.

LAST UPDATED: 11:30 PM ET as I send to Prizes
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:30:34 PM by whammy007 »

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 04:32:28 AM »
It all comes down to this...

AND, I also got this from one Flerbert! Quite the nice surprise so we can along with properly come showtime in real time. :)

1. One Away (L) (4)
2. Squeeze Play (L) (5)
3. Pick-A-Pair (W) (1)
4. Bargain Game (W) (6)
5. Card Game (L) (3)
6. Cliff Hangers (W) (2) (PA)

Kev and Wayo, 2K and Flerb. Dang you guys, look at these similarities, this is going to be one crazy ride. Kev has the slight edge to me right now, given what I think shows, of everyone. But goodness knows that only rarely works when I call you out! It may yet be a kiss of death. HERE. WE. GO.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 11:20:51 PM by whammy007 »
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!