Author Topic: 7992K - 06/20/17 Recap Thread (Summer Beach Party)  (Read 8929 times)

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
7992K - 06/20/17 Recap Thread (Summer Beach Party)
« on: June 20, 2017, 12:20:20 PM »
Cliff Surfers - L
One Wrong Sarong - W
Lucky Seven Sand Dollars - W
It's in the Beach Bag - $4,000
Slide by Slide - W
Beach Cover Up - W

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: 7992K - 06/20/17 Recap Thread (Summer Beach Party)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 01:07:51 PM »
Watching on phone I was certain that OWP didn't have any dumb gimmick name, then Slide happened and I figured maybe they tried something.

Seriously, they are trying way too hard.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 01:18:34 PM »
Good Show today.
When I saw that Lucky Seven was going to be played , 1st thing that came to my mind: Hang Seven

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 04:23:52 PM »
Great episode today. So is this it for season 45?

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 04:32:37 PM »
Great episode today. So is this it for season 45?

We have three more episodes this week and the Fourth of July and Back to School specials.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline Cephas

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 05:45:34 PM »
^ Plus the two episodes that were pre-empted earlier this month. They'll be made up at some point in the summer.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 07:26:48 PM »
One Wrong Sarong - W
Just double checked, they called it One Sarong Price.

An okay idea to bring in the new season. Nice results all around. Should've been a 5/6. It's in the Bag is never easy, but Cliff Hangers certainly is.

Great wins in L7 and Cover, but oh my word, what blah car games to pick. I know it's the end of the season, but mix it up. It also would've been nice to have had two convertibles in the pricing games, but then one of them would've been impossible.

"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 08:55:53 PM »
Nice win in Cover Up, and a great win in Lucky $even (Me: "He got it!") :)

When Drew said yesterday that he wouldn't be wearing a tie for the summer beach party episode, I thought he meant he would be wearing some sort of beachwear. Maybe a Hawaiian shirt and casual pants or something like that. He literally just wore a suit without a tie.

I got used to them, but I thought the one-bid displays today were ugly.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 10:37:09 PM »
To be fair GameShowKid, Drew wore lighter colors than he normally does and his suit had a little bit of a Miami-esque look. It would've been pretty strange to see him wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

I thought in Cover Up they were going to make the pictures different things you wear at the beach (to cover up), but it was just generic beach pictures.

I thought they would've went with a little higher values for the Showcases since it was a theme episode. The second one was especially low.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 11:58:37 PM »
To be fair GameShowKid, Drew wore lighter colors than he normally does and his suit had a little bit of a Miami-esque look. It would've been pretty strange to see him wearing a Hawaiian shirt.
Yeah, maybe not a Hawaiian shirt, but I was expecting something a bit more casual. I thought that would be more Drew's style and fit in more with how casual Price (and pretty much all of TV) has become. 

Offline REDHEADVICKI

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 11:00:55 AM »
hello all.  Great show.
If you look closely at Drew, he was wearing casual shoes (either Vans or Converse) instead of dress shoes.

Offline ironman00710

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 12:53:06 PM »
Nice to see some of the regulars are still posting around the site!  I haven't posted on here in quite some time, but I still come by to read the topics being discussed, as well as the airing recaps to see what all happens each day, given I'm usually at work during the time the show airs.

I happened to be at the taping of this special back in April, and as a matter of fact, met/chat with several of the people that got that famous call to Contestants Row, before the taping even began!  Chadwitz was about three people behind me in line outside on the benches (there with his wife); Kasie sat a bench over from me before we entered the studio for the taping (there with her brother and sister); and Monisha sat two rows directly behind me in the studio and was on a solo trip to Price like I was.

Oh, and I'm Keith, the 9th contestant called down during this show! :biggrin:  My fifth taping ever attended; first during Drew's reign as the last time I was there was two weeks before Bob stepped down as host.  Out there with a friend in 2007, we spent literally 77 hrs at CBS; attended three consecutive tapings to which neither of us got called, but made new friends and had fun.  10 years later, a dream come true on a solo trip; sporting my hometown baseball team, to which this episode aired during my consecutive game Royals Adventure Vacation I've done the past few seasons!

Despite being oh so close to getting on stage to play for that Hyundai (one chance to bid), had a blast!

Offline lejusteprix

• 12/14/2015
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 05:24:17 AM »
Congratulations on getting called to come on down Keith! What an awesome experience for you!