Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/05/2007  (Read 12319 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/05/2007
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 12:04:56 AM »
Boy...there was some weird-ass directing today.  Pathfinder looked like it was being shot differently, there was a weird pan in Check Game from the check to the displays, and Race Game...what the heck happened at the end of Race Game?!

I know this isn't something that happened today...but they painted the inside of the Clam!  Looks pretty good, too.  Anyone happen to catch what the first show with its new color scheme was?

JonSea31 wrote:

My father and I were watching TPIR and he was wondering:  were Mercedes and Gwendolyn actually twins?

Uh...dude...Mercedes is white, and Gwendolyn is black.  I have a hunch they aren't related.

JonSea31 wrote:

The Showcase was great.  It was a rarity to see a "short-lived newbie" like Mercedes model a living room showcase on today's episode (the last time such occurrence happened was in May 2005, when a short-lived model by the name of Brooke did so) - [Subsequently Deleted by JC].

...okay, I realize I make it my business to keep track of dates for all kinds of things no one else cares about, but bud, I've gotta ask:  Why do you know that?

JonSea31 wrote:[Subsequently Deleted by JC].

Dude, I'm as liberal as they come, but I honestly do not need to know what you think of Rachel's feet.

JonSea31 wrote:[Subsequently Deleted by JC].

I can't be the only one scratching his head at this.

[color=CC0000]MOD NOTE: I wish I had caught his crazy remarks sooner. JonSea is on my list. - JC[/color]
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 12:07:10 AM »

Richie wrote:
wpghi, you mean higher than the 4 for Adam in Dice Game?

Ahhhh! I was typing too fast. Sorry about that. Higher than 4.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 12:17:47 AM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
what the heck happened at the end of Race Game?!

I'm not sure.  Hopefully someone can provide the details, but when Jeremy pulled the lever to see that he had all four prizes right, Bart cut to a different camera which provived an interesting but bizzare shot.  There was clearly an edit after Jeremy pulled the lever, for he was on the floor in that shot, and then in the next shot, he was in the air.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 12:35:07 AM »
Bidding Round #1- #216, Monica! :-D

Showcases- That showgirl showcase was quite enjoyable. :-)

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Christian.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- After yesterday's fun show, we get back to normal... Grade: 2

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 03:38:59 AM »
Most: Darn crib...

Grand: Nice. Wasn't sure if he'd pick the Airborne or not.

Pathy: I think the Lucky Seven price from yesterday was worse, but still, that was tough.

Race: Yeah, weird shots, but nice win....

Dice: The odds cost him!

Check: So close to a Check Game max....ah well. Could say that about other playings, too.

Showcases: That was rather expensive....

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 12:05:43 PM »
Don't bother trying to adopt the puppy in today's episode -- a CBS employee picked him up at the end of the day.

Okay, Race Game. When Jeffery pulled the lever on his second trip back, a number other than four appeared. As he ran back to make changes, the display quickly changed to four, and Bob had to try to stop him from continuing to play the game, since he had already won. It didn't look that good, so they stopped tape and picked things up from the close-up of Jeffery jumping up and down upon winning.

So we saw the usual shot of the contestant running forward to pull the lever, then that interesting shot of him pulling the lever from a different angle. If you watch the timer between shots, you can see that the unusual shot is from the camera shooting the timer, positioned so the timer is in the upper-left corner (fortunately, it also picked up Jeffery in the shot). The shot after that is the post-stopdown shot of Jeffery being excited about his win.

It was a much smoother edit than I expected -- what I'm still not 100% sure of is, since the display showed a number other than four when Jeffery pulled the lever, how did they make it look so much like the four had been lit up the entire time? I think I know, but they did a good job of covering the goof, considering how much motion is in that game.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 11:19:02 AM »
Most Expensive-The Hoverround invades Most Expensive!  And it results in a loss.

Grand Game-A great win.  Good thing he didn't get tripped up with the lotion.

Pathfinder-That was tough.

Race Game-Wow, he didn't even need 30 seconds because he did it in less time than that!  A great win.

Dice Game-OUCH, painful loss!

Check Game-Interesting to see it last.  If she would've bid $2000, she would have had it won with the most money possible.  Too bad.

SCSD #2-Heh, I guess I'm like Adam.  I don't ever want to have class at 10 am in case I ever have a chance to watch The Price is Right then.

An average show.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 01:32:14 PM »
Most Expensive: Well, I would have picked the Hoveround myself; then I heard twos, boos, the buzzer, and more boos. Boooo.

Grand Game: Man, you had to pick out the unbranded products to win money. This time, I knew the supplement would be less than $8.00.

Pathfinder(the pricing game and not the upcoming movie): I would have started with 1 and then 0 if I had to. Then I would have been trapped from there.
Also, I think the producers, writers, etc. have not seen The Price is Right before, or they would have given the move a different title. Pathfinder doesn't seem like a right title for that movie.

Race Game: Okay. I can understand the ring then buzz after the first try, but then that infamous edit got me watching it over and over again. To me, Jeffery played the game well. I think there were some techincs involed with our lever. What really got me was how the edited shot of the readout matched the shot of the clock during the 'race'.
After reading Scott's post, I now know why.

Dice Game: I would've took a chance and go against the odds with that [4].

One Bid 6: Oh, if Dawn doesn't bid 2, it was all over.

Check Game: I can understand going a little more than $2000 for the check, but sometimes doing that for pianos is really taking a chance. That's murder here.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 02:07:53 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is intentionally shown (Race Game).

Most Expensive -- 1:58
Grand Game -- 3:11
Pathfinder -- 3:33
Race Game -- 2:33
Dice Game -- 2:06
Check Game -- 1:58