Author Topic: Why did all of the inside sources stop posting here?  (Read 40913 times)

Online mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Why did all of the inside sources stop posting here?
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2017, 11:14:06 PM »
 :nipplesarehard:
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline TPIRViewer

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2017, 05:42:30 PM »
Someone pointed out to me that KenCrane logged in 3 days ago, for the first time in 3 years! Ken, glad to know you're still checking this site, hope one day you post again, even if it's just to say hello!

http://www.golden-road.net/index.php?action=profile;u=6565

Offline tpir1983

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2017, 11:15:44 AM »
It's been a while since I have logged in, but I still lurk every now and then. With every forum and especially social media, there's bound to be drama. I can't believe I've been a member of this site for now 14 years and a lot of things have changed since then. But one thing that hasn't changed is the fun that I have looking through this site and keeping up on the greatest game show of all time. Sure, I don't like some of the trivial changes that has happened on the show and the inside info out of Studio 33 hasn't come out like it used to. But, this site is still one of the best for info, and I do appreciate the work the mods do.

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2017, 04:01:07 PM »
(We had originally answered this question on the Pentellit thread, but I think I should have posted it here.)

I can tell you exactly why the Pentellits stopped posting here.  Its simply because we finished. 

The intent of the original Pentellits in coming here was to give golden-roadies the OTHER side of the TPIR damage-control they were being spoonfed by that weasel Dobkowitz. Our criteria was that whatever we posted had to be verifiable either from court documents and/or first person interviews or accounts of people who would testify if called upon.  Once we did that, we were done here, except for the occasional related news.

Enjoy the show!  It is THE GREATEST GAME SHOW IN TELEVISION HISTORY, in our humble opinion!
Quote from: price_authority
Bob Barker seems to have little regard for testifying truthfully under oath.
Quote from: SteveGavazzi
I really have no desire to sit through another round of this.
      Then don't.
*Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION. (TY p_a ;))

Offline johnnymatch

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2017, 10:02:20 AM »
The nastiness of this site and some of its moderators can be summed up in one word: Weedsville.
Probably the most repulsive human being on the board of all time and anytime on duty.   The reason I have not  been here for, more or less, a decade.
While he has a relative on the Goodson/Todman credit roll, he and he alone defies the spirit of The Price is Right and of the fun loving escapism of game shows in general. 
If you have ever been to studio 33 to see the Price is Right in person, it is a magical feeling of instant camaraderie and delightful expectations. 
O what a bummer it would if it were he whom you found yourself sitting next to in those second row VIP seats.
It’s amazing, the nastiness and condescension found among these threads has been an ongoing subject since the Barker days. 
The main source is somewhere near Weedsville. (Cue losing horns)
John, Rod, Rich... What is the next name on your list?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2017, 02:02:06 PM »
The nastiness of this site and some of its moderators can be summed up in one word: Weedsville.

Gee, I'm disappointed.  I thought I was the one you were insulting here, but I live in Weedville, so it must be someone else.

The reason I have not  been here for, more or less, a decade.

Given that the last time you were here, your post was edited to remove you insulting someone who was fighting cancer, I'm going to guess nobody missed you.

While he has a relative on the Goodson/Todman credit roll

What in the blue hell are you babbling about?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline johnnymatch

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2017, 04:47:30 PM »
My point is that the menace from Weedville is the reason this board has alienated so many over the years.  (That I even remembered that PA locale (albeit misspelled)  should tell the world how particularly loathsome this person is. 

Trust me, I am not the first to express this. Just the best at nailing this malevolent turd.

That one’s favorite TV personality is who he/she is, tells the world all it needs to know about the nasty snark and condescension that invariably drips from one’s lips.

Just because one had an artistic relative who made his mark in broadcast lore, does not mean one can behave in a manner, year after year after year, in a way that would otherwise have a person like this driven from the board not elevated to moderator. 

If that ain’t the fox guarding the hen house. 

Horrible. Predictable. 

It is no secret that this site has become a joke to the rest of the game show commentariat on the web. 

I have it on good authority that one of the primary sources of alienation and thus elimination of this site from their travels is someone from an unincorporated town in the very lonely woods of nowhere Pennsylvania. 

And finally, I made fun of no one suffering from cancer.  I made a comparison between two men who are glaring examples of lousy emcees.  To infer or imply anything else says much more about the reader than it does about the Emmy winning writer who produced the post. 

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:59:10 PM by johnnymatch »

Offline johnnymatch

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2017, 05:47:11 PM »
To clarify, i mistakenly read the “moderator’s” name as Agazzi (the former TPIR art director) instead of what it actually is.  Thus, my line about the artistic family member, which in turn fueled my assumption of the moderator’s source of TPIR lore.

When I am wrong, I am wrong.  And I admit it.

Boy, was I wrong about that potential lineage.  Wrong. Wrong.  Wrong. 

Kinda of funny in hindsight.  Makes Weedville even that much more isolated in the woods. 

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2017, 05:52:55 PM »
My point is that the menace from Weedville is the reason this board has alienated so many over the years.  (That I even remembered that PA locale (albeit misspelled)  should tell the world how particularly loathsome this person is. 

Trust me, I am not the first to express this. Just the best at nailing this malevolent turd.

That one’s favorite TV personality is who he/she is, tells the world all it needs to know about the nasty snark and condescension that invariably drips from one’s lips.

Just because one had an artistic relative who made his mark in broadcast lore, does not mean one can behave in a manner, year after year after year, in a way that would otherwise have a person like this driven from the board not elevated to moderator. 

If that ain’t the fox guarding the hen house. 

Horrible. Predictable. 

It is no secret that this site has become a joke to the rest of the game show commentariat on the web. 

I have it on good authority that one of the primary sources of alienation and thus elimination of this site from their travels is someone from an unincorporated town in the very lonely woods of nowhere Pennsylvania. 

And finally, I made fun of no one suffering from cancer.  I made a comparison between two men who are glaring examples of lousy emcees.  To infer or imply anything else says much more about the reader than it does about the Emmy winning writer who produced the post.

There's something I don't understand. If Steve is your beef, why have you responded to him like he's someone else?
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2017, 06:00:03 PM »
Johnnymatch, maybe the reason why the site is "so bad in your eyes" is posts like yours. Most of your postings are negative, snarky, and outright mean toward certain posters, talent, or the show- the very thing you accuse mods and others on the site of being.

Offline johnnymatch

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2017, 06:03:30 PM »
I only mistook the names Gavazzi and Agazzi.  Trust me, Gavazzi is the sole menace of this board. My mistake was of a dyslexic nature which resulted in me assuming his knowledge base of TPIR had some family roots.

I was wrong. 

This much I do know: He should not be a moderator.  That is the more profound error on Golden-Road dot net day after day, month after month, year after year.  You could say he is a source of road kill. 

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2017, 06:06:32 PM »
I only mistook the names Gavazzi and Agazzi.  Trust me, Gavazzi is the sole menace of this board. My mistake was of a dyslexic nature which resulted in me assuming his knowledge base of TPIR had some family roots.

I was wrong. 

This much I do know: He should not be a moderator.  That is the more profound error on Golden-Road dot net day after day, month after month, year after year.  You could say he is a source of road kill.

You're not required to agree with me, but Steve is one of the best things this site has. His tireless work to keep a working record of everything The Price is Right has offered for the last 45 years. However, this site has come a long way from being the negative Drew-hate zone it once was. It's been 10 years. Things change.

Offline johnnymatch

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2017, 06:10:50 PM »
I am the least of this board’s image problems.  A post from me every half decade or so is hardly a mood setter for the rest of you all the other 15-hundred days betwixt and between.

But my criticism of Drew Carey’s hosting abilities (inabilities) are spot on. 

Tune in weekdays on CBS. 

I used to. 

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2017, 06:14:40 PM »
I am the least of this board’s image problems.  A post from me every half decade or so is hardly a mood setter for the rest of you all the other 15-hundred days betwixt and between.

But my criticism of Drew Carey’s hosting abilities (inabilities) are spot on. 

Tune in weekdays on CBS. 

I used to.

And that's fine, but I don't think we should be bashing other members of this site, especially Steve. You are more than entitled to your opinion, but let's try to be fair here.

Most of us have accepted Drew's good points and his faults. Just using my example, I am willing to give Drew another 25 years if he so wishes.

That said, I think this discussion has run its course.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2017, 09:02:26 PM »
I am the least of this board’s image problems.

Are you helping that image here somehow?

I have been around a long. long time here, mostly lurking in the shadows, but often active. When you are nice to people, they are nice back. When you act like an ass, you can expect that back too.

Steve is a general pain in the rear....it's true! He is also a tireless advocate for all things Price, no matter the era.

Let's get back to constructive conversation.

"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker