Author Topic: Why did all of the inside sources stop posting here?  (Read 40623 times)

Offline TPIRViewer

• Walking the Golden Road
Why did all of the inside sources stop posting here?
« on: June 28, 2017, 06:25:45 PM »
One of the best things about this site during the dark times of 2009-2012 were all the backstage sources that would post here. Nanny , KenCrane , Rich DiPirro , Pentellit , and I'm sure there were more that we don't even know about. Then, they just stopped, all of them, and these accounts haven't even been logged into in many years.

Do we know if something happened behind the scenes that put a stop to these guys coming here? I do have my theory that some kind of legal action took place behind the scenes. I remember in 2014, I made a thread asking about KenCrane's disappearance (he hadn't logged in since May 2011 at that point) and later that day, he actually logged in for the first time in 3 years. He didn't post anything but he did log in that one time, and hasn't logged in again since. My theory was he did that to try and tell us that he's not allowed to post here but is still reading and checking this site.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 06:28:40 PM by TpirViewer »

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
Re: Why did all of the inside sources stop posting here?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 07:45:38 PM »
Except for Rich DiPirro, my guess is there hasn't been any Bob related controversy in a while.

The actual retail price is...

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 09:22:49 PM »
later that day, he actually logged in for the first time in 3 years. He didn't post anything but he did log in that one time, and hasn't logged in again since.
This sounds healthy.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 11:32:19 PM »
This sounds healthy.

Not to mention he posted the same damn thing three years ago, with a similar update.

It's been more than four hours. Go see a doctor.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline TPIRViewer

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 11:51:02 PM »
Not sure where this nastiness is coming from. I simply looked at my old thread from 2014 and remembered the details.

Offline tpirfan1991

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 06:30:07 AM »
I have to agree with TpirViewer. This nastiness, especially from the higher-ups really has to stop. It's one of the reasons why I stopped posting on a semi-regular basis (that, combined with work, and a rather large uni schedule).

I got so frustrated when I come on here, and the majority of stuff that I see, are moderators belittling other members. May I point out the first rule of the rules and regulations on this site

1. Do not flame or belittle someone for his or her opinions. We all think differently and may not agree with other's opinions. With that said, tasteful debate is encouraged! If you disagree with someone, please disagree with a little bit of “class”. DO NOT get personal with someone regarding an opinion that you may not agree with.

I am not aiming to be a backseat moderator. However, a few years ago, I remember Prizes making a post about "The End of The Golden Road" about how the site was stagnating and in decline. While I suspect there may be many reasons for this, one of which is that this site has been around nearly 15 years now in its current format, and more or less, with a few exceptions, pretty much everything about the current show has been discussed in one way or another, another reason might be, many members, including myself, have been put off by the nasty, snide tone of some of the moderators towards some of the other members of this site. We are all humans, we all have feelings. Just because we are on the internet, doesn't mean that politeness and respect get left at the door. I might also add that that might be one of the reasons why the inside sources no longer post here.

If the moderators find what I have to say offends them, I'm deeply sorry, but I'm speaking from what I feel to be the truth, and if you wish to ban me, go right ahead, I won't hold any hard feelings.

Offline RedWing512

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 09:58:20 AM »
I have to agree with TpirViewer. This nastiness, especially from the higher-ups really has to stop. It's one of the reasons why I stopped posting on a semi-regular basis (that, combined with work, and a rather large uni schedule).

I got so frustrated when I come on here, and the majority of stuff that I see, are moderators belittling other members. May I point out the first rule of the rules and regulations on this site

I am not aiming to be a backseat moderator. However, a few years ago, I remember Prizes making a post about "The End of The Golden Road" about how the site was stagnating and in decline. While I suspect there may be many reasons for this, one of which is that this site has been around nearly 15 years now in its current format, and more or less, with a few exceptions, pretty much everything about the current show has been discussed in one way or another, another reason might be, many members, including myself, have been put off by the nasty, snide tone of some of the moderators towards some of the other members of this site. We are all humans, we all have feelings. Just because we are on the internet, doesn't mean that politeness and respect get left at the door. I might also add that that might be one of the reasons why the inside sources no longer post here.

If the moderators find what I have to say offends them, I'm deeply sorry, but I'm speaking from what I feel to be the truth, and if you wish to ban me, go right ahead, I won't hold any hard feelings.

And I third this. This site has become terribly stagnant as of late, and I have no doubt that at least part of it can be attributed to those of a higher rank. Granted, the job of a mod is to police the board, but their job is to also spread goodwill, as well...if you can't do that job in a dignified manner, then you have no business being a moderator.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 10:53:50 AM »
Agree 100% with tpirfan1991 and Redwing512. I myself have not posted here lately like I once did, and it's mainly because of the outright rudeness of a few moderators and certain members. Just because you have been given a place of authority does not automatically give you the right to belittle members on this board.

Maybe we should have another "reviewing the staff with honesty" thread.
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline TPIRViewer

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 10:55:56 AM »
I've just contacted Marc about Torgo and Prize's mean-spirited behavior. Marc is never here anymore so I doubt he's aware of what has been going on. I hope he gets my message and comes back here to have a look at this. Thanks for the support guys!

Offline Archviler

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 11:24:07 AM »
And I third this. This site has become terribly stagnant as of late, and I have no doubt that at least part of it can be attributed to those of a higher rank. Granted, the job of a mod is to police the board, but their job is to also spread goodwill, as well...if you can't do that job in a dignified manner, then you have no business being a moderator.

Fourthed.

What gives? I don't know what provokes the intermittent nastiness around here, but it's unpleasant whenever it does happen.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 11:54:00 AM »
I've just contacted Marc about [...] Prize's mean-spirited behavior.
Wait, what? I don't see anything Jess has done that would warrant putting her in that same boat...

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 12:30:11 PM »
It sounded to me like TpirViewer took an obsession over the times someone appeared online on Golden-Road, hence the original comment.

I see the whiners have come out in full force as usual, though. Carry on.

Quote from: TpirViewer
I've just contacted Marc about Torgo and Prize's mean-spirited behavior.
Thanks for giving me less than 24 hours to respond to a PM about this before notifying Marc. Panic has set in, and if you want a reason why people in charge don't come here anymore? This is it. The site's user base sucks.

Wait, what? I don't see anything Jess has done that would warrant putting her in that same boat...
You fail to understand the bias against me.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 12:32:28 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 01:02:39 PM »
I might also add that that might be one of the reasons why the inside sources no longer post here.
If you all want to continue this "Great Moderator Revolt of 2017", be my guest.

But to answer the question of the OP and the above quoted statement. Inside sources have most likely stopped posting here because there's nothing to post about. The former inside sources that would post here would usually do so to spread any drama or something drastic going on behind the scenes. There was a lot of drama and drastic changes going on 8-9 years ago with Roger's departure, Rich's departure, model lawsuits, etc. While I'm sure drama exists in some form on the set, it's inescapable, there's simply nothing to report on since the show has reached a stable point of producing quality shows to the point of winning two Emmys.

Also, RBP and pentelit didn't work for the show anymore. Any more information they'd have to spread would be from any friends left backstage and again, there probably isn't much to spread here. It's also very possible that Nanny and KenCrane also don't work for Fremantle/CBS anymore.

If you think the moderators behavior is bad, go search up some old posts. The site used to be a lot rougher in the years following Roger's departure. I don't think the site's current tone is what drove them away. Especially since they have reputations here that they know would afford them respect when they post. And don't forget, when Nanny first posted, no one knew who they were and not-so-kindly dismissed them at first until it was proven that what they said was correct.

And I'd be shocked that people who work in the sometimes tough world of television would look at posters on the internet and say "Oh no! They look mean! I can't post there anymore!"

But as I said, carry on with your revolt.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 03:54:13 PM »
This is it. The site's user base sucks.

I beg your pardon.
I've been a member of this site longer than most of the people here. That statement is highly uncalled for.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline TPIRViewer

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 04:16:49 PM »
Torgo appears to be banned! His name is crossed out.

And Marc is online right now so he saw my message. I think we did it guys!