Author Topic: Why did all of the inside sources stop posting here?  (Read 40610 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: Why did all of the inside sources stop posting here?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 04:17:48 PM »
Thanks for giving me less than 24 hours to respond to a PM about this before notifying Marc. Panic has set in, and if you want a reason why people in charge don't come here anymore? This is it. The site's user base sucks.

1.)  Unless something has changed since the last time I talked to Marc and John, this is a lie.

2.)  You're a jerk.  Knock it off.

Seriously, this is ridiculous.  I don't always like what I see going on around here, either, but there's no excuse for it reaching a point where I have to moderate the behavior of another moderator.

EDIT:  Ooooooooooooor maybe Marc will show up and ban you while I'm in the middle of typing this.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 04:25:09 PM »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline TPIRViewer

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 04:30:38 PM »
Thanks Marc for coming back and dealing with this. Sorry I had to bother you and ask to help but I think it was something that you definitely needed to know about.

And thanks again everyone!

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 04:48:40 PM »
I agree with these sentiments. Why can't we just all try to get along with each other? It would make this forum, and others a better place to be.

Have fun guys!  xlx

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 05:21:02 PM »
Regardless of thoughts on this, I'd rather not see celebration just out of general respect. If you had an issue with how you were treated and do this in response, how does that make you the bigger person? That's not a judgement of right/wrong, that's a statement on humanity in general.

More importantly, keep this crap exclusively to GR, off the professional work social media pages that people use for their livelihood. That's not cool, and you KNOW who you are. STOP. Not to anybody who has posted thus far, to be fair.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 05:23:27 PM by Prizes »
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline TPIRViewer

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 05:34:23 PM »
Regardless of thoughts on this, I'd rather not see celebration just out of general respect. If you had an issue with how you were treated and do this in response, how does that make you the bigger person? That's not a judgement of right/wrong, that's a statement on humanity in general.

Your hypocritical post is quite amusing. I have no clue who that Zach guy is but I actually handled my concern with you quite properly and PM'ed you directly and what did you do? You just flat out ignored it and never replied back. So if you're going to preach to people on here to respond to concerns appropriately, then once again like I said in the PM, you need to set a positive example and do the same.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 05:36:32 PM »
Zach Horan has been an internet troll since the late 1990s. It's best we don't give him any more air time than already spread.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 05:42:29 PM »
Isn't the simple answer that with DOB getting fired, connections from this site to the show slowly eroded? Don't forget that Mike was afraid of us superfans after the showcase exacta, too.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline TPIRViewer

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 05:43:58 PM »
Isn't the simple answer that with DOB getting fired, connections from this site to the show slowly eroded? Don't forget that Mike was afraid of us superfans after the showcase exacta, too.

That's a big time gap. Both of those happened in 2008, the disappearance of all the inside sources on here occurred in 2011 and 2012 roughly.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 05:49:19 PM »
That's a big time gap. Both of those happened in 2008, the disappearance of all the inside sources on here occurred in 2011 and 2012 roughly.
That's why I said "slowly eroded". This wouldn't have happened overnight. Kathy Greco was around still for the first couple years of the Mike era.

Another reason? The show really has become a predictable boring hour every other or every three days the way they set up and/or schedule certain games. What IS there to talk about?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2017, 05:59:23 PM »
Your hypocritical post is quite amusing. I have no clue who that Zach guy is but I actually handled my concern with you quite properly

Strawman, much? I said nothing of the sort about you handling anything the proper way.

You just flat out ignored it and never replied back.

Holy crappity. You gave me AN HOUR. I had to reflect back properly between then and then, read and reread the thread for full details of reviewing the situation at hand, plus discuss this with fellow members and staffers between then and then. That's a bit unfair.

So if you're going to preach to people on here to respond to concerns appropriately, then once again like I said in the PM, you need to set a positive example and do the same.

And I did so. But your standards should be adjusted in a few respects, yeah?

Finally made it in life!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2017, 06:07:32 PM »
Okay, guys, let's please stop this.  We had a bad afternoon, a mod got fired, and everybody's a little worked up.  Frankly, this is more excitement than we usually have in a whole summer, and I, for one, could do without any more.

Let's just calm down, admit that the whole conversation could maybe have been handled a bit more smoothly, and try to move on.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline TPIRViewer

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2017, 06:09:30 PM »
I'm down for that man!

That's why I said "slowly eroded". This wouldn't have happened overnight. Kathy Greco was around still for the first couple years of the Mike era.

Another reason? The show really has become a predictable boring hour every other or every three days the way they set up and/or schedule certain games. What IS there to talk about?

Could be! The show has certainly stabilized since around 2012/2013 and become a pretty strong show again.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2017, 06:18:15 PM »
Thank you Steve. I have been watching this thread from the sidelines.

I will only add that as a long-time moderator here I will say that sometimes it is better to handle things more... tactfully than I've seen here lately. Hopefully we can all learn from this thread and communication between posters and moderators will go smoother in the future.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2017, 06:44:41 PM »
Since the posts are gone but they bring up a surprisingly relevant point of belief with respect to my style of moderation...

I would never silence somebody or delete their posts unless said posts or accounts* are addition by subtraction, such as trolling or other blatantly insensitive racial remarks, and so on. Very simple. I may disagree with what you say, but will always defend your right to say it, especially if your point is well made, in an allusion to Evelyn Beatrice Hall. The obvious exceptions are if you are harming someone else in the process, or suggests/supports bodily harm to others.

*Of the posters with non-deleted posts in this thread, this isn't any of you. People with particular histories, well, the dots are easily connected as to my mindset, and such thoughts are likely a collective groupthink across the page.

Finally made it in life!