Author Topic: Favorite Pricing Game Wins  (Read 4244 times)

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Favorite Pricing Game Wins
« on: June 28, 2017, 10:02:47 PM »
What are your all time favorite pricing game wins? By far, that 4th of July special where Pauline won Check-Out. I won't forget that moment. The way the audience reacted, the way Drew reacted, and the way Pauline reacted was just top notch!!!!! I wonder what was on the minds of those in the control room when it happened.

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Favorite Pricing Game Wins
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 10:37:36 PM »
My favorites?

I have a soft spot for the playing of 10 Chances where the answers were revealed by mistake, allowing the contestant to win the car effortlessly. Sure, there wasn't any gameplay, but it was a fun incident and memorable.

The first time Pay the Rent was won. I'm not a fan of the game, but it was gratifying to see that one finally get beat.

The MDS million dollar win in Clock Game. That perfect first guess and then Drew was so excited for it, it was real passion and tension. The fact that the contestant won the million was really gratifying.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 11:03:57 PM »
Definitely agree with the million dollar Clock Game win Archviler. One of the most exciting moments ever on the show.

Some others for me: -The first $25,000 win in Punch a Bunch and Brian's $10,000 win in the game (if you're scared, buy a dog!)
-The 3 Strikes win on October 13, 2016. Great contestant and maybe the most nail-biting and suspenseful win ever on the show. The win on the season 30 military special it was played was great too.
-Triple Play on December 21, 2015, the first time it was won in 8 years. Also loved Marlin's win on March 2, 2005 because he was such a fun contestant, and the wins on the 30th anniversary special and the 2nd time it was played on the season 30 military specials.
-And of course, Golden Road's win on December 23, 2014, the first time it was won in daytime with Drew hosting.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 02:22:29 PM »
How about that $20,000 win on Time is Money? It was certainly a monumental moment in the Drew era.

Others include the first-ever Triple Play win, and the first-ever Grand Game win (which also introduced Bob's fear of Samoan women, and would become a recurring theme for the rest of his tenure). I think the Check Game win in which the contestant won exactly $6,000 also qualifies.

Keep in mind that what made the $10,000 win in Punch-a-Bunch very memorable is the fact that the slip before it had $5,000, and he gave it back against the audience's wishes (because normally, a contestant would quit after getting that amount). He took a gamble and it certainly paid off!

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 02:34:09 PM »
How about that $20,000 win on Time is Money? It was certainly a monumental moment in the Drew era.
Which one?
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 03:05:49 PM »
Which one?
Forgot to mention a few of my personal favorites:

-Michael's Buy or Sell win
-The Barker-era 1/2 Off win where the contestant knew which box contained the $10,000 before the game even started
-Race Game for 4 cars being won on the first try
-Ryan's $30k+ Plinko win

-Triple Play on December 21, 2015, the first time it was won in 8 years.
Not to mention that the contestant's name was Jesus - made for lots of fun jokes in the chatroom that day.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline plinkoboard

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 03:22:33 PM »
Hard to choose just some but here's some examples I've seen or read about.  The contestant winning the car on punch a bunch after forfeiting $5,000.  January 19, 2007 when a contestant won a car in Shell Game with only 1 chip(which was the 1st win of a perfect show).  Walter's perfect Dice Game.  There were at least 2 times when a perfect show had a 3 Strikes win in it(December 4, 1996 and September 28, 2015).  Both recaps can be found on qwizx.com.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 05:41:07 PM »
A big one for me is March 12, 1986, in 3 Strikes +, when the contestant won without drawing any strikes, and by getting all five numbers in order from left to right, with no mistakes. And if memory serves, they gave a perfect bid on the IUFB as well.

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 05:51:58 PM »
That's an easy one for me.  November 3, 2008 where Taylor showed up on his birthday and won Lucky 7 in very dramatic fashion for a Ford Mustang causing the audience and Drew to go absolutely nuts.   

He later spun a double dollar on the big wheel, and won his showcase with a Dodge Charger, an American flag, and a trip to Boston.Taylor's day is what The Price is Right is all about. 

Another favorite was Rodger the retired truck driver from Oregon who played 1/2 Off, skunked the GP part of the game, yet still picked the $10,000 box from the 16 available.

President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 07:59:56 PM »
One of my favorites, the 1st Contestant to win 1/2 Off without Removing a Single Box.

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 01:41:38 AM »
Here are my elite eight...
1.Walter rolling every number in Dice Game (October 1996)
2.Shannon winning Clock Game in 3.5 seconds (circa 2010)
3.Heather lighting up every number in 3 strikes in order, winning a Corvette without drawing a single strike (April or May 1986)
4.Ryan hitting the $10,000 slot 3 times in Plinko and becoming the highest daytime winner in the game's history last month.
5.Pauline getting a $0.00 difference in Checkout (circa 2009)
6.Michael bidding a perfect $2,139 on a motorscooter to get up on stage and dominating Buy or Sell (2004)
7.Maureen running the table in Superball (September 1992)
8.Chad keeping the mountain climber at the base of Cliffhangers (early 1996)

Offline tpirsuperfan99

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 08:45:39 AM »
Some of my Favorite wins are:

-On September 20,2010, Lisha won Stack the Deck with only one free pick, I couldn't believe it was won.

-When Christen won $210,000 in Cliff Hangers and became the biggest winner in daytime Price is Right.

-Ryan's $31,500 Plinko win

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 11:34:54 AM »
Let's not forget Vicky Ann (Think I spelled that right) who won both showcases at the end of the first show of what would be Bob Barker's last season as host of "The Price is Right" (If I recall correctly, I think she won a van playing Pushover.)

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 09:50:49 PM »
Let's not forget Vicky Ann (Think I spelled that right) who won both showcases at the end of the first show of what would be Bob Barker's last season as host of "The Price is Right" (If I recall correctly, I think she won a van playing Pushover.)

And then DSWed a Showcase with a Viper, no less.