Author Topic: Themed show idea: Price Reunion Show  (Read 2424 times)

Offline ssetta

• Walking the Golden Road
Themed show idea: Price Reunion Show
« on: July 08, 2017, 01:40:05 PM »
It seems like quite a few times lately, we have seen contestants that had been on The Price is Right in the past. They would often even show a clip of when they were on before. Drew has even mentioned that the rule used to be that once you were a contestant, you could never be on the show again. But sometime since Drew started, they changed the rule so that you just have to wait 10 years. I'm not sure when that rule was changed, but I wonder if maybe they could have a special episode of The Price is Right where they featured some very memorable contestants of the past, such as Yolanda, the fainting showcase winner from 1977, Brian from Punch-a-bunch, the Spelling Bee champion from 1998 who chose both "Car" cards, and the C, A, and R, the yodely contestant from 2001 or so, just to name a few. Could you see them doing this at all?

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Themed show idea: Price Reunion Show
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 01:46:25 PM »
Wouldn't the 40th anniversary special from a few years ago qualify as such? All of the contestants there were past contestants.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 01:48:40 PM »
It's a nice thought, but people like Yolanda might still be embarrassed by thier appearance on the show. People who had memorable playings like Brian might be possible, though.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 04:38:35 PM »
It would be fun if they could do something like this, along with bringing back some of the classic models even though it's a longshot they'd want to appear again (especially Janice, Dian, Kathleen, Brandi, and Claudia). Did you envision this possible special being that the contestants are called on down and get a chance to play again, or something like they play the game that each of the memorable contestants played and have the contestant appear during the game?

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 11:58:53 PM »
people like Yolanda might still be embarrassed by their appearance on the show.

I agree.  Something like that, you don't get over.  I wonder if she even watched TPIR after that; the memory of the experience might have been too painful to allow her to enjoy the show as a viewer.

But it might be interesting to have Susan, the contestant who broke the news to Yolanda about her wardrobe malfunction, to get her recollections.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 12:02:49 AM by COINBOYNYC »
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 10:51:21 AM »
It's a nice thought, but people like Yolanda might still be embarrassed by thier appearance on the show. People who had memorable playings like Brian might be possible, though.

If I am not mistaken, I seem to recall someone (Mike?) has said they have not heard from Yolanda since the incident and do not know where she might be living at this time