Author Topic: What's going on around here?  (Read 4702 times)

Offline ssetta

• Walking the Golden Road
What's going on around here?
« on: August 16, 2017, 04:27:36 PM »
For several weeks now, when I log onto this site I get a message saying the account has been suspended, please contact the owner of the site, or a similar message. It would be really nice if someone could fill us in about what's been going on. Did the owner forget to pay the bill or something?

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: What's going on around here?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 05:51:21 PM »
For the issue you're having, try this:

Try clearing your cache.  I was still getting the "please contact the owner of this site" error message on my phone's browser until I cleared cache.  Works fine now.

Secondly, it's the same thing that happens just about every year.  The site goes down for a couple days, sometimes as long as a week.  Nothing is wrong.  The 'rent' just hadn't been paid.  ;-)
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 06:23:24 PM »
It also seems to depend on who you are gaining access to the Internet through.  I had no problem accessing this site from several sources, but during an airplane flight today, I got the "sorry" message even after I had cleared my cached.  It may take longer for it to propagate to some providers.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 07:51:32 PM »
For me, directly typing in the site's URL got me the error page, but clicking a link to a forum topic I found in a Google search led me to the site with no issues.