Author Topic: Plinko playing from late 80s question  (Read 2893 times)

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
Plinko playing from late 80s question
« on: August 20, 2017, 06:55:22 AM »
There was a clip on YouTube of a lady on crutches who played plinko. When she came up on stage, her leg was in a cast, and Bob started reading the comments on her cast. I was going to post the video, but the clip has disappeared from YouTube, and therefore, I was wondering if anyone here remembers this. Plinko still had it's original color scheme, and Bob's hair was white as well.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Plinko playing from late 80s question
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 10:25:24 PM »
Seems strange that they would call her down as a contestant before Plinko was played, since Plinko does have stairs to climb.

Offline GobGlom

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 11:11:30 AM »
Seems strange that they would call her down as a contestant before Plinko was played, since Plinko does have stairs to climb.

They might know which game is going to be played next, but they don't know in advance who is going to actually play the game. They are pretty quick with getting the player the necessary help to let them play their game.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 03:08:08 PM »
They might know which game is going to be played next, but they don't know in advance who is going to actually play the game. They are pretty quick with getting the player the necessary help to let them play their game.

Even so, there's a reason Roger usually scheduled games like Race Game in the first half.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 04:56:42 PM »
In the clip that I saw, she made her way up the steps to the stage and the plinko board pretty well.

Offline dveras

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 10:26:39 PM »
they played Plinko less then I think

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 01:17:05 AM »
I vaguely remember this, as I remember Bob reading the messages on her cast.  (This was when i learned that casts would harden so people could sign them).  If anything this playing shows how efficient The Price is Right was at accommodating contestants with injuries or disabilities.  Like an earlier post mentioned, I too think Plinko was played less frequently back then,  as it was one of the "Big Three" pricing games back then (3 Strikes/3 Strikes + wasn't exclusively offering luxury cars at this point).  I'd like to see a clip of this playing, but I can't pinpoint the exact date of the airing (I'm guessing it was after Bob's hair became white, judging from the late 80s estimate) which would narrow it down to 1987-89.  If anything couldn't have been later than the spring of 1991 (as the original Pez Candy colors of the Plinko board were updated after that point).