Author Topic: If you were a contestant....  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: If you were a contestant....
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 08:33:11 AM »
These would be the five games where I believe are my best, worst and middle (would probably lose but confident I could win) as a contestant:

BEST
All quickie games (Bargain Game, Most Expen$ive, 1 Right Price, Double Prices, Squeeze Play, etc.)
Cliff Hangers
Clock Game
Race Game
Bullseye

MIDDLE
Hole in One
Plinko
Any Number
One Away
Rat Race

WORST
Lucky $even
Punch-a-Bunch
Check-Out
Triple Play
Cover Up

Offline gamesurf

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: If you were a contestant....
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 10:03:05 PM »
Most confidence: Ten Chances.

Shocking but true: No Carey-era contestant has ever followed the zero rule and lost. Every Carey-era contestant who lost the game wasted at least one chance on a price not ending in zero.

Least confidence: Stack the Deck or L7. If those games were rolled out, I would assume that that they were being played because they were trying to force a loss, so I'd try to play "guess what the producer's thinking". I'd go the extremes on L7's last three digits, and not be afraid of going against the audience on Stack's GPs. Even then, you still gotta get really lucky and can easily go down in flames.
"It's the greatest challenge in the world to invent a new game. For every one you see, every concept that is ultimately refined and developed, a dozen are worked on and not worked on, or almost worked on, or dropped because they don't read any more. We test and hammer and test and hammer...

When you finally get it down so that it looks very very simple, that one has had the most complicated amount of work." -Mark Goodson