Author Topic: Perfect Bid: The Contestant Who Knew Too Much  (Read 43174 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Perfect Bid: The Contestant Who Knew Too Much
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2018, 07:45:29 PM »
Speaking of which, it's time to plug Stu's Show for next week (February 21) which I hope everyone will listen and/or watch as it is on Internet TV, and on a bi-weekly schedule (if this needs to be put into a new topic, that's fine). Here is the full description:

"In 2008, a contestant made an exact bid on a Showcase during the final moments of a taping of America's longest running game show. Unfortunately, it did not happen during Bob Barker's regime. What followed afterward was panic and anger from the newly-installed production team and host. What could have become tremendous publicity for the 37-year old program was quickly passed over as a result of the decision made behind the scenes. All game show fans remember the moment. But what most game show fans (and the public) most likely don't know is that there was an incredible back story to the whole incident, a back story that has now been documented in a new feature that's winning awards all over the country for not only its candid look at its principle subject, but also for its enter-taining look at how "The Price is Right" was managed and operated during its heyday. The film's producer/director CJ WALLIS will be in studio along with former TPIR showrunner (and film co-star) ROGER DOBKOWITZ to reflect on the story of Ted Slauson, the uber fan who attended more than 23 tapings before he was selected as a contestant and then caused a major stir at the program years later when he helped a contestant win his Showcase with that exact bid. We'll also get the story behind CJ's quest to create the film, and how both Roger and Bob Barker appeared in the film to help tell the saga of "the contestant who knew too much". And yes, of course, we'll have a generous sampling of clips from the film along with the reading of your e-mails!"

http://stusshow.com/

This should be a great show! Think about sending questions for next week (brief and short). Here is the link to watch the stream come the 21st at 4pm PT/7 pm ET:

https://iframe.dacast.com/b/92970/c/447572

Offline fortyfps

• In the Audience
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2018, 06:16:17 AM »
^^

this is today!

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2018, 07:02:45 PM »
And it's showtime! Stu looks really nice on live Internet television.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2018, 08:10:13 PM »
Listening to the show, did i hear correctly that Fremantle ordered the removal of the fact that Ted was permabanned from the documentary, further claiming that no such ban list exists?

Without that information, the title of the documentary makes little sense.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 08:16:44 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2018, 09:28:28 PM »
that feeling when they went out of their way to plug this site

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2018, 09:29:48 PM »
that feeling when they went out of their way to plug this site

Shoot, someone beat me to posting that!  :D
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2018, 09:42:09 PM »
And we are done! About 2 hours and 40 minutes worth, and the show will be available in both audio and video PPV formats soon. Hopefully you will all become a VIP listener soon to access free PPV and some free audio...

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2018, 05:00:09 PM »
Stu has just posted a Youtube link of the full show at no cost in case you want to see the full show again. Check it out:

Don't forget to support the film by making any donation with this link: http://www.perfectbidmovie.com/

Offline Sizeman

• Walking The Golden Road - after 20 years
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2018, 06:00:21 PM »
Enjoyed watching the Stu's Show interview yesterday. I'm planning to drive four hours and head on down to the Fargo screening. Still waiting to see what date/time it will be showing at.

Offline fortyfps

• In the Audience
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2018, 07:34:13 PM »
Hello! For anyone in North Dakota, we are the opening night special gala screening at the Fargo Film Festival March 20th. Should be a great event and only a handful of screenings left! The film is a totally different experience with a crowd!

Offline Sizeman

• Walking The Golden Road - after 20 years
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2018, 09:12:07 AM »
Hello! For anyone in North Dakota, we are the opening night special gala screening at the Fargo Film Festival March 20th. Should be a great event and only a handful of screenings left! The film is a totally different experience with a crowd!

Comin' on down from Winnipeg to check it out!

Offline fortyfps

• In the Audience
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2018, 12:15:19 PM »
hello! a reminder that there is a screening tomorrow night at 7pm at the Fargo Film Festival, we will be at the Richmond International Film Festival end of April and have a few more pop-up showings around the country before our May 8th Netflix & Blu-Ray release! Appreciate you all showing the film so much support over the last year.

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2018, 01:06:09 PM »
hello! a reminder that there is a screening tomorrow night at 7pm at the Fargo Film Festival, we will be at the Richmond International Film Festival end of April and have a few more pop-up showings around the country before our May 8th Netflix & Blu-Ray release! Appreciate you all showing the film so much support over the last year.

Where will the Blu-Ray be sold?

Offline fortyfps

• In the Audience
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2018, 12:31:52 AM »
in most/all retail stores and online may 8th

Offline fortyfps

• In the Audience
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2018, 10:54:11 PM »
we have just found out we will be screening in phoenix april 6th at 920am and april 9th at 455pm at the phoenix film festival. tickets available on their site, not sure if any of us will be in attendance as its extremely short notice, but we will try. hope to see some of you there!