Author Topic: Perfect Bid: The Contestant Who Knew Too Much  (Read 43456 times)

Offline fortyfps

• In the Audience
Re: Perfect Bid: The Contestant Who Knew Too Much
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2018, 06:57:16 PM »
For you digital consumers, the film's I-Tunes pre-order link is now live! If you've seen the film, drop us a rating!

https://apple.co/2KryRCA

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2018, 12:13:53 PM »
Perfect Bid will be the featured project on DISH PPV for two weeks starting May 8th!

Also on Comcast, Time Warner Cable & Charter/Spectrum, Cox Communications, Verizon & Rogers in Canada.

VOD: Apple iTunes, Amazon, Fandango Now, Vudu, Google Play, Youtube Movies, Sony Playstation & Microsoft!

More to be announced as we get closer to the release!

Also, you can also pre-order your limited edition or standard versions of the film here: fortyfps.bigcartel.com
so it will be available on all these on May 8?

when is the DVD/Blu-Ray releasing?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2018, 02:35:21 PM »
speaking of iTunes, the price has been reduced for preordering for the weekend ($6.99 as opposed to the normal 12.99 price) for the weekend

Offline Chrisrails

• Outside in Line
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2018, 07:33:01 AM »
Is this out on Netflix?  I can't find it.

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2018, 07:40:20 AM »
Is this out on Netflix?  I can't find it.
No it's not.
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline fortyfps

• In the Audience
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2018, 11:47:22 AM »
unless the film is a netflix exclusive, there is a 90 day wait period until after its initial release before they will carry it - so august-ish?

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2018, 12:59:04 AM »
I’m just wondering how you guys got the un-aired footage of the perfect bid episode.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline nickdreyer10820

• In the Audience
  • Bob Barker and Drew Carey Rock
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2018, 09:54:31 AM »
What was mark Goodson secretary’s last name? I just watched and ted said mark good sons sedentary Pam (friend of Kathy Greco) set next to him during a taping
We all Love Price is Right!

Offline priac

• 10/10/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2018, 12:38:13 PM »
Just watched it last night. Bravo to the producers!

I found it very enjoyable.  Granted, I'm watching as a longtime fan of the show.  I wonder how non-longtime fans of show are receiving it.  I believe it's getting good reviews in general.

Regarding Terry’s Exacta, I found it surprising and frankly a bit paranoid on the part of the producers and Drew, that their initial reaction was that Terry was fed the price. There were 3 often-shown prizes in the showcase.  Terry was able to get close, very close, and got lucky with some digits.  Period.

If it was proven that he was fed the price, why would the show be cancelled – as Drew feared?  There’d be an investigation by S and P, some people would be fired and replaced,  the perpetrators would be caught and prosecuted. There’d be a press release about the leak demonstrating to the public that the show takes game show fraud seriously. But would they cancel a very profitable then-40-something year-old show over this? I really don’t think so.

I was a bit “oft put” by Drew’s comment “it’ll never happen again”.  We've seen several Exactas in CSS. If you do your homework and watch the show, Exacta’s are possible.  No matter how hard Mike (or whomever) mixes up options on a car, or adds things to trips, a good player can get very close to the ARP.  And with a little luck, hit it on the nose. Again, we've all seen that.

Finally, I’m no prude, and some might disagree, but Drew needs to watch his F-bombs in those outside interviews. I realize he’s also a sometimes raunchy comic.  But he’s also currently getting his bread buttered (heavily) from a long-running ‘family show’. For that reason alone, and out of respect for the show, he should mind that. Especially when he's discussing the show. It’s as if he’s trying to appear ‘cool’.  I think I counted at least 5. Bad form.

I definitely recommend the film.

Offline fortyfps

• In the Audience
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2018, 01:01:58 PM »
thanks for the review! glad you all are finally getting to check it out!

Offline littlejohn

• Outside in Line
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2018, 11:38:52 AM »
I've been watching for Perfect Bid on Dish PPV.
Any word yet on what dates it will be available?
Thanks!

Offline fortyfps

• In the Audience
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2018, 12:43:43 PM »
hello! its been there since the 8th -- 455/458 i think?

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2018, 07:18:07 PM »
Any idea when the blurays will ship out?
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline fortyfps

• In the Audience
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2018, 06:42:54 PM »
i was told on may 6th by our distributors that the initial/standard bulk order they do for films when they are first released was unexpectedly/immediately sold out, so our LFAT special editions were backordered. i received them friday and processed all of them today, as i was travelling all saturday, so everything will ship tomorrow. apologies for the delay.

proud to say we are #1 doc on itunes in the states and canada, so if you've seen it, please feel free to leave a review (couple words, doesnt need to be a novel) - as it helps support the film in major ways without costing anything!

thanks for the support, hope you all are enjoying the film!

Offline fortyfps

• In the Audience
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2018, 06:37:33 AM »
we are playing the traverse film festival today at 9am, and again on the 5th at the kubrick theatre. these will be the last public showings of the film, if you are nearby, come say hello! ted will be there on the 5th