Author Topic: Does anyone remember this contestant?  (Read 7540 times)

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Does anyone remember this contestant?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 03:56:49 PM »
See YOU'RE so critical now YOU'RE criticizing my grammar.  Yea, that has a lot to do with what I am talking about.

The way I see it, if I understand what someone is saying, grammar is not that big of an issue.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 06:50:41 PM »
The way I see it, if I understand what someone is saying, grammar is not that big of an issue.
Try convincing someone in the real world of that.

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
  • AKA The One Who No One Gets
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 09:45:37 PM »
Try convincing someone in the real world of that.

Oh snap
You're going to play PLINKOOOOOOOOOOOOO! For a chance to win up to fifty THOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAND dollars!

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2017, 10:04:27 PM »
Okay, so for anyone who wants to know, this was on the April 17, 2007 episode. The first item up for bids was an elliptical trainer. I think Gabrielle Tuite was demonstrating it. The bids were as follows:

Sabrina: $1,200
Kyle: $1,000
Brian: $1,300
Jose: $999

Then the clangs played, meaning that someone got the exact price. Bob took a moment to warn Jose that it might not have been a bright idea to bid $999 when someone else bid $1000, because this sort of thing had never happened before. He pulled out the price tag and it turned out that Jose WAS right. He got a standing ovation from the audience, and got the $500 bonus.
You're going to play PLINKOOOOOOOOOOOOO! For a chance to win up to fifty THOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAND dollars!

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2017, 10:08:10 PM »
Thought I'd stop by after a few years away.  Just got reminded as to why I avoid this place, and why I'm not coming back.

Get over yourself.

I just checked your last post from three years ago.  It was you saying you no longer wanted to be part of this community because someone had yelled at Darryl Heine.

You'll forgive me if I have a hard time taking this seriously.

I fully agree. Steve doesn't have to get hostile towards people. If that's the case, maybe he should be the one outta here. Not me.

I don't want to be hostile.  It's just...every time you post, I can tell you're trying to get a handle on netiquette, but it still doesn't seem like you're fully grasping it.  As someone who's been doing this for almost 20 years, maybe it just seems to me like something that should come naturally, and if I'm wrong about that, then I'm sorry.  The responses I get from you never seem to be what I would expect someone to give, though, so...I don't know.  I'm sure you're not trying to do this on purpose, so maybe I do need to cut you a bit of slack.

EDIT:  Now, see, that response that you wrote while I was typing this one is what I figured you'd give the first time around.  You told the story well, and it actually wound up being pretty interesting (and I think I even vaguely remember it).  See, you can get this.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2017, 11:18:51 PM »
I just checked your last post from three years ago.  It was you saying you no longer wanted to be part of this community because someone had yelled at Darryl Heine.

You'll forgive me if I have a hard time taking this seriously.

I don't want to be hostile.  It's just...every time you post, I can tell you're trying to get a handle on netiquette, but it still doesn't seem like you're fully grasping it.  As someone who's been doing this for almost 20 years, maybe it just seems to me like something that should come naturally, and if I'm wrong about that, then I'm sorry.  The responses I get from you never seem to be what I would expect someone to give, though, so...I don't know.  I'm sure you're not trying to do this on purpose, so maybe I do need to cut you a bit of slack.

EDIT:  Now, see, that response that you wrote while I was typing this one is what I figured you'd give the first time around.  You told the story well, and it actually wound up being pretty interesting (and I think I even vaguely remember it).  See, you can get this.

I had to watch the clip to make sure I'd get the details into it

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2017, 01:24:21 AM »
I had to watch the clip to make sure I'd get the details into it

I'd expect nothing less of someone who wanted to get something right.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.