Author Topic: Marc Summers  (Read 1558 times)

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Marc Summers
« on: October 20, 2017, 07:53:28 PM »
I'm a big fan of Marc Summers.  Being from Philly, Double Dare was a big deal when I was growing up.
This week on the Jimmy Pardo podcast, Marc talks about his relationship with Bob Barker and the search for new TPIR host 10 years ago.  Much of this has probably been covered before, but some fun nuggets here.
Slide to the 1:13:00 mark to start the great game show stuff:

https://art19.com/shows/never-not-funny/episodes/4dea572a-83f6-4bb9-ab69-dbbc03258b55

Mods....wasn't quite sure where to put this one.  Feel free to move to "Left Field" if you like.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: Marc Summers
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 08:43:41 PM »
I believe the portion where neither CBS nor Fremantle knew who Marc even was is new.

(Perhaps not surprisingly, this would further explain why he was removed from Combination Lock in favor of Ty Treadway.)
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.