Author Topic: Season 46 Calendar  (Read 14874 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: Season 46 Calendar
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 06:25:18 PM »
Of course, the actual season premiere hasn't taped yet, so...
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 10:31:47 PM »
Season 46 has started taping already (started back in July), but yeah, the first airing episode still hasn't been taped yet.

I find it kinda interesting that they'd wait until a week before the air date to tape the season premiere, especially considering how pretty much all the other episodes (including the rest of the episodes in premiere week) are going to be or were taped at least a month prior to airing.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 03:18:37 AM »
Of course, the actual season premiere hasn't taped yet, so...

I wonder why they are waiting so late?  Has it been done like this before?

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 08:01:37 AM »
I'm betting that the reason they waited so long is that they have a new game in line for the premiere but it wasn't ready yet. If you look at the 8050's you notice that they all taped much earlier except for one taping 9/11, today. My guess is today is new game day and so they will tape it twice.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 08:02:10 PM »
I believe the Thanksgiving special airs on 11/22, not 11/24.

I wonder why there's no New Year's Day episode. I know there has been in previous years.

11/22 is correct; CBS will have a college football game (Missouri - Arkansas) on 11/24 starting at 11:30 AM Eastern.  Note that the calendar lists pre-emptions but not repeats.

And when was the last time CBS aired a new episode on 1/1?  Friday 1/1/2016 did not have one; neither did Thursday 1/1/2015.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 08:51:32 PM »
And when was the last time CBS aired a new episode on 1/1? 

The last time , and based on the Thread where I got this info, and the only time to happened in the last 46 Years , 2013.

Offline EvilChameleon

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 03:38:58 PM »
What does NBCAM mean?

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 03:59:05 PM »
^ National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Offline sigmafan

• Outside in Line
  • Home to all the worst in game shows.
    • Game Show Garbage
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 04:12:47 PM »
They might do Big Money Week in February, since it doesn't look like there are any big events that month.  Dream Car Week, they could stick anywhere.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2017, 05:45:03 PM »
It also appears that Cyber Monday is happening again.

Something else that appears to be happening again; repeats on the Tuesday and Wednesday of the first week of the NCAA men's basketball tournament.  Thursday and Friday, I understand, because of CBS's daytime game coverage, but why on Tuesday and Wednesday - or, for that matter, why bother airing a new episode on that Monday?

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 10:32:01 PM »
I'm betting that the reason they waited so long is that they have a new game in line for the premiere but it wasn't ready yet. If you look at the 8050's you notice that they all taped much earlier except for one taping 9/11, today. My guess is today is new game day and so they will tape it twice.
Wonder what that new game will be

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 10:41:28 PM »

I'm not discounting this, because I still think this makes sense. But I'll also note that based on Snapchat, every model was in attendance for the taping of the season premiere. So, my guess is that another reason they might've taped it late is perhaps to get all of them together at once to celebrate Drew's 10th anniversary (the overarching theme of Premiere Week).
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline plinkowin2010

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2017, 04:22:08 AM »
Christmas Holiday episodes airing in December?

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2017, 10:25:16 AM »
It does stand to reason there'll be a few holiday shows. 

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2017, 05:42:51 PM »
Technically, no. I don't think most of us have heard about a new game. However, in an interview Mike gave back in March, he stated that they were rehearsing a new game for this season. We'll see if it shows up during premiere week. The promo didn't really shed light on anything as it seems there's probably only two (or one) clips from next week in it.

I actually just found out that it's gonna be called Gridlock and that it's gonna be played for a car.  It's a traffic-themed game where the contestant will have to navigate into an empty lane by guessing the price of the car.  I'm not sure exactly how they're gonna guess it (guessing between several choices, guessing individual digits, or the equivalent of free response, or something else)