Author Topic: Season 46 Spoilers  (Read 12396 times)

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Season 46 Spoilers
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 05:34:07 PM »
There's three colors for the car. One gray, three blue, three orange. Our thought is that they spot you the first car which is the first digit in the car and it's up to you to guess the rest of the car with the blue cars (the next two digits) and orange cars (the last two digits...

Care to explain why the board says $30.27 then?

Offline Champ2399

• Outside in Line
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 05:38:18 PM »
Looks like a mix of Pocket Change and Cover Up -- my guess is that the cars have numbers on them, and you use those numbers to form the price of the car ... correct numbered cars stay in the left lane and you can pass them (by the way, shouldn't you be passing on the left, not the right?) ... but if you're wrong, those cars come over and cut you off.

I see only two or three lanes of traffic on the board, so seems you only get a couple of chances, which makes it a quicker game.

Cover Up is a favorite for me (though overplayed lately) ... so a game similar to that center stage will be a fun one.

I think the display is something like $30,27X and we can't see the last digit.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 06:24:39 PM »
Care to explain why the board says $30.27 then?
Ah. See, I think that's a comma. Something that I and others also discussed. Should be fun to see what it is come Monday.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 07:13:42 PM »
Here's how the game plays...your going to pick one of these cars that has a Dollar amount to them...1 Dollar,Five Dollars up to Ten Dollars...you then have to pick from those Grocery items over there that add up to but not over the amount you see there to win the car,If you go over...no car...nothing...but if you get the target on the nose you not only get the car...but a Thousand Dollar bonus as well...

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 07:37:00 PM »
Here's how the game plays...

Does "here's how the game plays" insinuate you actually know these are the game's rules, or are you just using this phrase totally inappropriately and are just spitballing?

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 07:48:09 PM »
totally guessing by the setup

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 08:37:38 PM »
Agreed that that looks like a tiny comma. There's enough space on the monitor for a fifth digit.

correct numbered cars stay in the left lane and you can pass them (by the way, shouldn't you be passing on the left, not the right?)

This is Los Angeles. They're driving on the shoulder.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 08:54:33 PM »
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 11:18:49 PM »
Looks like Gridlock is going to be an interesting game, and here's to another 10 years with Drew that starts with a very successful Season 46! Wishful thinking, but I hope Bob will congratulate Drew as well.

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2017, 01:04:01 PM »
Looks like Gridlock is going to be an interesting game, and here's to another 10 years with Drew that starts with a very successful Season 46! Wishful thinking, but I hope Bob will congratulate Drew as well.

It would great if Bob had taped a video Congrads message to Drew, with a zinger in it.   Only 25 more to go to catch me  :)
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 03:24:19 PM »
That would be cool.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline DYC

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2017, 07:48:27 AM »
My prediction: Gridlock is going to be Split Decision II. Maybe Squeeze Play-ish, that you get a couple cars out of the way so that the remaining cars can move and reveal the right price. Like Split Decision without a secondary prize. The second picture seems to be in the part of the game where the cars are moving into position.

I assume it's a car game, because upon super-zoom the punctuation in question on the scoreboard almost definitely appears to be a comma. Have we had any $30,xxx priced cars on the show lately?.. Though, a zoom in on either picture doesn't seem to (clearly) show any particular numbers on the cars. Granted, it's hard to see anything in detail with this resolution, but I couldn't make out anything specific.. And there doesn't seem to be a small prize/ grocery item podium anywhere nearby either, so there's that. I think it's a quickie-ish Car Game.

Hey, but maybe they're replacing Stack the Deck. In theory, just looking at these screencaps, one could assume that they've created another "We'll give you 7 possible numbers in the price of the car but you have to eliminate 2 of 'em" type of game. That can be made extra hard but the little cars might make it entertaining enough that it might not be considered too "evil"..

Looks like fun though. We'll see Monday.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 07:51:15 AM by DYC »

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 05:24:39 PM »
Have we had any $30,xxx priced cars on the show lately?..

Not that I know of but in One Away there was a $29,000+ Dodge Charger

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 10:54:23 PM »
You know, in spite of these surprises coming to the show this week and beyond, since it is Drew's 10th year as host of TPIR, I sometimes wish and hope that there will hopefully be another Million Dollar Spectacular... :dig:

If they were to do that sometime this season, I'd go to a taping in a heartbeat.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 01:13:58 AM »
You know, in spite of these surprises coming to the show this week and beyond, since it is Drew's 10th year as host of TPIR, I sometimes wish and hope that there will hopefully be another Million Dollar Spectacular... :dig:

If they were to do that sometime this season, I'd go to a taping in a heartbeat.

I kinda feel like Big Money Week and Dream Car Week pretty much have rendered the MDSs obsolete, though I do admit I do miss the $1,000,000 Spectaculars

I often actually like to play out scenarios in my head of imaginary $1,000,000 Spectaculars that take place on the current set and feature higher stakes than ever ($500,000 Pay the Rent, $300k-$400k Golden Road, 6-digit Stack the Deck and Lucky $even, $80k+ Dice Game, etc)