Author Topic: Why are episodes from Season 7 so hard to find?  (Read 830 times)

Offline tpirsuperfan99

• Outside in Line
Why are episodes from Season 7 so hard to find?
« on: September 16, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »
I have a question that I have been wondering for a long time. I have been looking on YouTube for TPIR episodes from Season 7, and they are very hard to find, I only found 2 from 1979 on there. Why is this particular season so hard to find episodes from?

Offline GSNSmashFan3

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My game show collection.
Re: Why are episodes from Season 7 so hard to find?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 11:27:21 AM »
GSN only aired a single episode from Season 7 when they had the rights to air the show in 1996-2000, presumably due to Barker's fur ban.
HYO Winnings:
$46,241.21 (Participated in 6 games; on stage 4 times)

I love Clock Game!

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 11:46:30 AM »
Good grief, were furs THAT common?

Offline GSNSmashFan3

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My game show collection.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 11:55:13 AM »
^ Keep in mind that GSN probably filtered out episodes that contained no furs by accident. If I'm not mistaken, a good chunk of the episodes on the 2008 DVD set never aired on GSN despite containing no furs.
HYO Winnings:
$46,241.21 (Participated in 6 games; on stage 4 times)

I love Clock Game!

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 03:33:46 PM »
Season 7 also was the period when TPIR took the "throw garbage at a wall and see what sticks" approach in pricing game creation.  Many of these like Finish Line, Shower Game, Telephone Game, and It's Optional failed colossally.  Even the games born in this era that survived like Penny Ante and Punch-A-Bunch had very different and confusing rules early in their respective lives.  (The dumping of pennies into a hopper and subtracting from 100 in penny ante, and drawing slips from the letters in "Punchboard.")   

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 04:55:14 PM »
Season 7 also was the period when TPIR took the "throw garbage at a wall and see what sticks" approach in pricing game creation.  Many of these like Finish Line, Shower Game, Telephone Game, and It's Optional failed colossally. 
I'd hardly call a game that lasted five years "a colossal failure", though I wouldn't necessarily call it a classic, either.