Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 9/22/2017  (Read 23404 times)

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 9/22/2017
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 05:45:46 PM »
No.

Weird.. I could have sworn there was one they replaced the lower half of the prop with a screen, and had an animated Double Prices logo...
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Online blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 05:52:35 PM »
Weird.. I could have sworn there was one they replaced the lower half of the prop with a screen, and had an animated Double Prices logo...
Sure you're not thinking of that one April Fool's show, where they gimmicked the bottom half to fall off and have garbage and smoke come out of it?

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 05:54:26 PM »
That wasn't a screen either!
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 06:43:16 PM »
The Double Prices prop with the monitor was from the 70’s Disco-themed Halloween episode.

That refurbishment certainly came out of left field, but unsurprising since everything has to look garish these days. My initial reaction was “god that is tacky,” to which my husband responded “isn’t all of it tacky?” (Yikes.) I’ll miss the “classic” style colored price tags that used to appear in many games but now only appear in 1 Right Price. At least the Super Ball!!! dollar sign is back in action... aside from the Any Number piggy bank, is this now the only set piece that features it since its removal from the wheel 9 years ago?

Holy mother of god what a show. Quite possibly the best in the entire Drew era. Like others have said, it must have been hysteria in the studio. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that the first triple-dollar, double double-dollar in the show’s history?

I’m a little disappointed the only “Big” game we got this week was Plinko, but happy they decided to use it to kick off the premiere. Perhaps negating the tacked-on $10K bonuses on Monday would’ve allowed for Strikes or Triple to show up at some point.

Offline plinkoboard

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 06:45:53 PM »
A perfect show with $80,000 won on the showcase showdown; what a hell of an episode!  Excluding more money won on the big wheel if Zacharia had landed on the 5 or contestants in the 1st showcase showdown had won money the only way it could've been better was with a DSW.  I felt the laptops in One Wrong Price had the wrong price.  Yet another lucky One Away player that got only the 1st number right and knew which ones to change.  Race Game was easy today as the TV and pool table were obviously the 2 most expensive prizes.  Even if you got tripped up by which one was more expensive it was still going to be obvious those 2 were the ones needing to be changed.  Makes you wonder now with all this money given away on the big wheel today are they going to have to wait until near the end of the season to do big money week, lol.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 06:52:46 PM »
Words can't describe how incredible this episode was. I have to say congrats and WAY TO GO to each and every contestant who won today. And that 2nd showcase showdown? When it was all said & done, the only word I can use to describe how I felt (and still feel) is.... SPEECHLESS!!!!!! Seriously, what a freaking awesome show today!!!!!!! I'm willing to be that this episode alone (especially during this first week in the season) will probably be talked about for weeks to come!!!!!

8-O 8-O 8-O 8-O 8-O 8-O 8-O xlx xlx xlx xlx xlx xlx xlx

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 07:07:35 PM »
For those of us who didn't see the show today (myself included), anyone here able to post a screencap of the new Double Prices podium, please and thank you?

As is usually the case, after looking at it a bit longer, I don't mind it as much. But damn was that first glance jarring.

/Betcha there's no "emergency price tag kit" for this!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:11:59 PM by CJBojangles »

Online blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 07:25:30 PM »
Woof. Talk about a busy design...

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 07:40:41 PM »
Woof. Talk about a busy design...

"Busy" was the exact word I thought of when I first saw it!

I just saw the playing of it on CBS.com You should see what the middle price tag looks like!
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 08:00:51 PM »
The Double Prices prop with the monitor was from the 70’s Disco-themed Halloween episode.

It's been a while, and the video quality on that clip isn't sharp enough to make me sure, but I don't think that was a monitor. I think it was a mirrored interior, possibly with some lights sandwiched between layers of mirrors to look like they were reflecting into infinity. Although during most of that clip, all I can see is the reflection of the turntable area.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 10:54:59 PM »
Great episode, and definitely one of if not the greatest Showcase Showdown of all time. 3 dollar wins and 2 $25,000 wins, wow!

The new Double Prices prop would be better if they kept the previous logo and they made the tags different colors. It looks too monochrome the way it is and the new logo doesn't do anything for me. I do like the dollar sign pattern background though.

Online sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2017, 11:07:39 PM »
Overheard at the producer's table:

"Hey, 3 dollars...how awesome for premiere week....perfect!"
"Wow, 2 25K winners....man, we gotta chop the designer accessories out of this show..."

Truly wonderful.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Online sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2017, 11:16:21 PM »
Reading my previous post, I love the contextually wonderful censorship at this site!
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 01:36:33 AM »
There are no words. Holy. Crap. 8-O

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 01:36:56 AM »
"Wow, 2 25K winners....man, we gotta chop the designer accessories out of this show..."

Truly wonderful.

:D  Haha  :D

I'm guessing we won't see 3 Strikes for a while...