Author Topic: No more "Big Money Week?"  (Read 5919 times)

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
No more "Big Money Week?"
« on: September 25, 2017, 01:39:41 AM »
I've noticed that Big Money Week takes place about a few weeks or a month after the season premiere for the past few seasons...however, it's not on the taping schedule for the forseeable taping shows. Has it been retired or something?
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: No more "Big Money Week?"
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 02:14:42 PM »
Who knows, maybe TPTB may change their minds and play it after all. But if they don't, then it's been fun.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 02:57:36 PM »
They probably haven't announced all the Special shows yet.

Based on OCA , the Current Special Show that we don't know of ( Based on the TPIR Website Calendar )
Tape Date: October 18: Mom's Day Out Special ( Which has an airdate of Either 1/24/18 or 1/25/18 and no mention of it on the Price is Right Website )

We also have shows airing between 1/15/18 - 1/19/18 that will be taped 7-10 days before they going air.
Those could be anything.

Offline tpir2002

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 01:12:01 AM »
I had made a phone call to CBS about a month ago regarding Big Money Week. The woman on the phone said Big Money Week will be taping the week of Oct 9th. It looks like it will air the week of FEB 19th. I hope its accurate, because I'm going to those tapings.
Dream car week taped 2 weeks ago already. I hope this is right.

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »
I had made a phone call to CBS about a month ago regarding Big Money Week. The woman on the phone said Big Money Week will be taping the week of Oct 9th. It looks like it will air the week of FEB 19th. I hope its accurate, because I'm going to those tapings.
Dream car week taped 2 weeks ago already. I hope this is right.
Wonder when Dream Car Week is gonna air

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 03:41:45 PM »

I see. Thank you. :)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline mostpopular87

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 02:14:31 PM »
Wonder when Dream Car Week is gonna air
It's set to air for the week of October 9-13, 2017.

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 02:57:14 PM »
It's set to air for the week of October 9-13, 2017.

I checked and I kinda had a feeling about that, but has it been 100% confirmed by the producers themselves?  The calendar doesn't say anything about Dream Car Week, nor have I seen any previews or anything of it.

Offline Cephas

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 03:45:49 PM »
Dream Car Week is confirmed for next week, per a promo posted on YouTube.

Big Money Week would logically air the week of 2/19, as that is the time for the February sweeps.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 05:53:59 PM »
Big Money Week would logically air the week of 2/19, as that is the time for the February sweeps.

Earlier in this Thread , Tpir2002 said they made a phone call and they told them Big Money Week will be taping the week of Oct 9th
Which in Theory , confirms that Statement because the Week of Shows on 2/19/18 ( Their Airdates ) are being taped Next week.

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 01:39:02 AM »
I appreciate everyone's comments on this.
I was asking this also because, I had hoped that there would be a large enough of an advance notice before they filmed Big Money Week because I had hoped to go see a taping of the week in person...but having learned that it would be taped October 9 (at almost the last minute before) was not enough of an advance notice.  :-( If the shows were taping in February, then this would be a different story.

Offline tpir2002

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 02:58:42 AM »
Sorry everyone for the late response but I had just gotten back from vacation a few days ago. But you'll be pleased to know I can officially tell you that " Big Money Week " will air the week of Feb 19th 2018!! I went to all 5 tapings which were taped Oct 9.10 and 11. I had a blast at all those tapings even though I didn't get called down!!! I won't spoil anything but they're all shows you don't want to miss!! Everyone can rest easy now!! I can't wait to do it again next year!!

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 12:30:34 PM »
Sorry everyone for the late response but I had just gotten back from vacation a few days ago. But you'll be pleased to know I can officially tell you that " Big Money Week " will air the week of Feb 19th 2018!! I went to all 5 tapings which were taped Oct 9.10 and 11. I had a blast at all those tapings even though I didn't get called down!!! I won't spoil anything but they're all shows you don't want to miss!! Everyone can rest easy now!! I can't wait to do it again next year!!

I see. I hope that there will be plenty of advanced warning from the show the next time they do big money week, because I wanted to go see a taping.