Author Topic: Your thoughts on tonight’s new CBS Comedies  (Read 500 times)

Offline tpirsuperfan99

• Outside in Line
Your thoughts on tonight’s new CBS Comedies
« on: September 25, 2017, 09:14:10 PM »
What are your thoughts on Young Sheldon and Me, Myself, and I? I thought Young Sheldon was not very good, too much swearing for little kids in a show, and I don’t think I laughed once. Me, Myself, and I however, was much better. I thought it was great and funny but the transitions are very random and occur at odd times.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Your thoughts on tonight’s new CBS Comedies
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 09:53:18 PM »
Sheldon's bits were funny in Young Sheldon but the show doesn't really have much substance and I can't see them pulling a ton of things to keep the show going a long time. It is well casted though. I didn't watch Me, Myself, and I but I may on demand later.

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 01:10:58 AM »
I think Young Sheldon could make it two seasons at best.  It certainly won't be to the Big Bang Theory what Frasier was to Cheers, but its substance and performance is better than the flops CBS put out in the 90s like Fish Police, Uncle Buck, The Famous Teddy Z, Golden Palace, and The Hat Squad....

Offline REDHEADVICKI

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:53:17 AM »
Hello all.
Young Sheldon was cute in places but not exciting.  Some of it reminded me of my high school days back in 1988-1991.

I liked Me, myself, & I better.  I always been a fan of John Larroquette too.

Offline AMGray1986

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 12:13:45 PM »
http://deadline.com/2017/09/young-sheldon-the-good-doctor-premiere-ratings-big-bang-theory-the-brave-the-voice-me-myself-i-1202177081/

Ratings are already in for Young Sheldon & Me, Myself & I...

Young Sheldon is alright. CBS was very smart pairing it with The Big Bang Theory...

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 10:43:19 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing more of Young Sheldon, especially as to how he got to be the character he is on Big Bang, especially the "knock three times, then say their name and repeat twice" routine. And anything with Urkel and John Larroquette in it is sure to pique my interest, and I see another potential hit in Me, Myself & I.

As for the returning Kevin Can Wait, I feel a bit disappointed in the second season premiere mainly because his wife on the show is no longer alive, and Carrie has returned to insult him once again, but good save on his daughter's wedding. We'll see if the producers can successfully prevent this from becoming a King of Queens 2.0, though that ship may have already sailed.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 11:01:07 PM »
We'll see if the producers can successfully prevent it from becoming a King of Queens 2.0, though that ship may have already sailed.

Wonder if CBS is secretly hoping Kevin Can Wait will become a King Of Queens 2.0.  Also wonder how many viewers are also hoping that.
"Now folks, I want to thank you very, very much for inviting me into your homes for the last 50 years.  I am deeply grateful.  And please remember - help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered.  Goodbye, everybody!"
- Bob Barker signs off for the last time, June 15, 2007

Offline PIRfanSince72

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 07:27:41 PM »
I watched the first 5 minutes of "Young Sheldon" and couldn't bear a minute longer.  It was just extremely boring and unfunny to me sorry to say.

Offline EvilChameleon

• Outside in Line
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 07:51:23 PM »
Bobby should stick to being a duck who wears green.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 09:11:05 PM »
Wonder if CBS is secretly hoping Kevin Can Wait will become a King Of Queens 2.0.  Also wonder how many viewers are also hoping that.

I'm not sure there's anything secret about it.