Author Topic: What (Dream) Cars Would You Want TPIR to Offer?  (Read 2834 times)

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
What (Dream) Cars Would You Want TPIR to Offer?
« on: September 28, 2017, 11:40:15 AM »
So I was just wondering if anyone here had any dream cars that they would like to show up on the show during Dream Car Week (or at all), especially if the show has never offered them before (like a Lamborghini for example).

Here are a few of mine:
-Bentley Bentayga SUV (or any other Bentley)
-Lamborghini anything (especially the Urus SUV)
-Rolls-Royce anything
-Another Aston Martin
-Mercedes-Benz or AMG G-Class
-Genesis G80 or G90
-McLaren anything

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: What (Dream) Cars Would You Want TPIR to Offer?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 06:14:36 PM »
Dodge Challenger Demon
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 11:16:15 PM »
Ford GT

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 01:39:53 AM »
 I would fancy a Viper just because I have seen that before and liked it. Realistically, I would only want to win up to a lower end Mercedes Benz/BMW for taxes  :P

...Or you could play Rent for a car in the higher-end Corvette range AND rename it PAY THE TAXES, where the show would pay for the taxes on the car  by a lump sum of cash. Just a thought.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Online whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 03:21:13 PM »
I'd like to see a restored 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 03:50:06 PM »
How long has it been since a full-sized Cadillac sedan -- the one whose ancestor was the DeVille -- been offered? I'd go with that vehicle.

I'd also pair a fully-guzzied up truck and camper together for Golden Road -- "A NEW PICKUP TRUCK AND CAMPER!!!!" The Chevrolet High Country, Ford F-150 King Ranch or Ram Longhorn, all with all options; paired with a top-line trailer.

Brian

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 01:50:10 PM »
How long has it been since a full-sized Cadillac sedan -- the one whose ancestor was the DeVille -- been offered? I'd go with that vehicle.

I'd also pair a fully-guzzied up truck and camper together for Golden Road -- "A NEW PICKUP TRUCK AND CAMPER!!!!" The Chevrolet High Country, Ford F-150 King Ranch or Ram Longhorn, all with all options; paired with a top-line trailer.

Brian

The highest priced Ford F-450 (the Platinum trim) ALONE would be qualified for Golden Road actually, since it goes for like $77k+ (once, I actually managed to build and price it to over $90k).  Even the cheapest F-450 starts at over $53k, more than enough to qualify for 3 Strikes (I think there's only been one truck like that offered in Strikes in the past, and it was one of the highest trims of the F-250 during a country music special; it was $50k+).

And also, the last time a full-sized Cadillac sedan was actually, to my knowledge, October 13 of last year when a $63,000+ Cadillac CT6 Luxury sedan was offered (and won epically) in 3 Strikes.

But besides that stuff, I don't think we've seen a Kia K900 yet (which actually also would qualify for 3 Strikes since it starts at roughly $50k) or Hyundai Equus (which isn't made anymore, but started at a whopping $61k+)

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 01:51:13 PM »
Dodge Challenger Demon

YES.

But what about the $86k+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk? (707 HP, as much as the Challenger/Charger SRT)

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 01:53:45 PM »
I would fancy a Viper just because I have seen that before and liked it. Realistically, I would only want to win up to a lower end Mercedes Benz/BMW for taxes  :P

...Or you could play Rent for a car in the higher-end Corvette range AND rename it PAY THE TAXES, where the show would pay for the taxes on the car  by a lump sum of cash. Just a thought.

I think for Rent it would have to be a higher than Corvette range car, at least $100k (for example a top of the line Mercedes-Benz/Mercedes-AMG S-Class), since $100k is the top prize and it wouldn't really make sense to essentially lower the top prize.