Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/2/2017 (TPiR Season 46 Breast Cancer Awareness Show)  (Read 13382 times)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/2/2017 (TPiR Season 46 Breast Cancer Awareness Show)
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 12:51:19 AM »
I mean they don't need to do anything, the reason today was preempted was more than acceptable, peoples lives were lost, sorry you think a gameshow airing is more important
I mean... yeah. I can't believe people here are all worked up about a game show being largely pre-empted when yet another mass shooting has taken place.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 04:37:08 AM »
I agree, they should have posted today's episode of Price and Let's Make a Deal by now. If they cannot post them by midnight, then CBS needs to owe it to fans to reair the Breast Cancer Awareness show by October 30th with Halloween show being on the 31st.
As I'm about to explain, they don't owe it to anyone but the contestants. And even then, they owe it to them to air it whenever there's a free spot on the schedule whether that be the traditional post-Cyber Monday rerun week, March Madness Week or the end of the season. I think for this Price perhaps a little moreso because of the nature of the special, but they certainly don't owe it to us. Also, don't expect that LMAD right now. A good 40 minutes of it aired in a lot places and I've been told that a trip to Las Vegas was feature on the episode which is the probable reason that episode did not surface on CBS.com.

I mean they don't need to do anything, the reason today was preempted was more than acceptable, peoples lives were lost, sorry you think a gameshow airing is more important
To us it's not important, but I'm sure it is to the contestants on that episode. I'm sure they realize the seriousness of what happened overnight that late Sunday night in Las Vegas, but I'm also sure they'd love to see that episode air on TV. And I'm sure the folks at Price and CBS would like to see it air since it shares so many amazing stories of the survivors in the audience. Say what you must about the abundance of specials in the Mike era, this is one where the contestants are so deserving of the spotlight shone on them.

As the show was fully broadcast on the West Coast feed, I doubt there will be any rush to rebroadcast until there is a week of repeats.
Actually, not every west coast city broadcast the show at all. I know that both Seattle and Los Angles preempted the show for their own local coverage of the shooting. Those are two pretty large city to not air the show at all and I wouldn't be surprised if more cities in the Mountain and Pacific time zones also preempted for their own coverage too. Odds are that very few eyes saw this whole show compared to the normal amount and given that it's of a time sensitive nature, it makes sense that the show has now rescheduled it to air on the 23rd before the month is out.

Odd lineup, this. It seems that they wanted to carve out as much time as they could for the stories to shine, but they could've at least thrown in one regular car game or played the open fee game for a car instead of two quickies for cars. Not bad setups from what I can remember. Unfortunate what happened in Range.

I doubt the Plinko amounts are permanent. This playing was already for an inflated prize, I assume the amounts were inflated for the special as well. Remember, this distribution showed up on a random playing last season and they only lasted that one playing. I wonder if they're going to start pulling out that distribution more and more on specials and perhaps start playing $100K Plinko on more specials as well.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 11:35:45 AM »

I wonder if they're going to start pulling out that distribution more and more on specials and perhaps start playing $100K Plinko on more specials as well.

Maybe $100,000 Plinko will actually become permanent

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 07:08:39 PM »
So first things first...I don't understand why CBS appears to be treating this show as though it hasn't aired yet.  I mean, I know it was widely pre-empted, but they did broadcast the thing, so I really don't get why they (seemingly) aren't going to upload it to CBS.com until it reruns on October 23 (a rerun, incidentally, that they don't appear to be treating as a rerun).  I don't have any issue with them airing the show a second time, but no matter how you look at it, not putting it online for another three weeks is kind of weird.

Also, I appreciate that someone put the episode on YouTube.  I'd have appreciated it a lot more, though, if it A.) weren't a point-and-shoot of 92% of their television set, B.) didn't have audible snoring in the background at times, and C.) didn't have someone's feet in front of the screen for the whole show.

As for the show itself...wow were Range Game and Check-Out played badly.  It was hard not to think of Bob's joke during Range Game -- Lindsay certainly didn't appear to be familiar with how it works.

Push Over, on the other hand, was really, really easy.  About the only way it could have been lost would have been if someone had stopped on the first choice (which looked reasonable today but, of course, is always wrong).
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 07:34:50 PM »
until it reruns on October 23 (a rerun, incidentally, that they don't appear to be treating as a rerun).
Just curious, where are you getting this from? The show's Facebook and Twitter don't indicate a rerun date, and neither does the calendar on the show's website.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2017, 08:04:37 PM »
Just curious, where are you getting this from? The show's Facebook and Twitter don't indicate a rerun date, and neither does the calendar on the show's website.

CBS.com.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2017, 10:20:35 PM »
CBS.com.
Ah, thanks for letting me know.

(looks like they've done quite a bit of schedule shuffling...8061K is airing this Friday with 8035K getting moved to an unknown date, possibly due to a Vegas or Puerto Rico trip? Some more schedule shuffling later on too - 8183K is airing on 10/30, which is where 8071K would have originally aired [and 8071K's new airdate is also unknown as of now]. Hopefully the calendar will be updated on TPIR's website soon, as that one actually shows the full season.)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:25:56 PM by TPIRFan2000 »
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline dprice

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 08:42:45 AM »
Will this episode air after Cyber Monday?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 03:33:38 PM »
Will this episode air after Cyber Monday?

What part of "reruns on October 23" are you having trouble with?