Author Topic: Waiting in Line  (Read 6862 times)

Offline ParkinTx

• Outside in Line
Waiting in Line
« on: April 06, 2007, 08:30:01 PM »
Hi!  I've got tickets to the May 1 taping and was planning on getting in line around midnight the night before.  Does anyone have any tips they can share?  Specifically, is there a restroom close by?

Any other tips for waiting in line and getting in the audience would be appreciated.  

Thanks!

Michele

Offline randi

• Outside in Line
Re: Waiting in Line
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 10:29:40 PM »
do you mind me asking, where did you get tickets for May 1 already? Thanks for your help. I am in Kansas and having a very hard time.Thanks!!!!!!!!

Offline FlipFlopper7769

• 4/10/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 10:43:22 PM »
Well Michele, since your tickets are for May, I would suggest getting in line a little earlier than midnight. The lines are going to start getting absolutely insane as the spring months go on, and if you want a decent seat inside the studio, prepare to spend a looooooong time out on the sidewalk. As stated in some of the other posts, there are a couple bathrooms available, but each have their own set of stipulations upon reaching them. First you can try the CVS a short ways down from the studio, but they unfortunately close long before the OOA (order of arrival) numbers are handed out. Second is a Mobil station that's a block or so down the street, but you have to buy something in order to gain the coveted key on a wooden block. Third is inside the bagel store right across from the sidewalk, but some people question the cleanliness.

Again, there are plenty of other posts on here already that can help you out. Mainly I brought lots of music on my mp3 player, made lots of friends out in the line, and tried to sleep in the chilly 40 degree night air. Your trip is going to be one of the most exciting times in your life, so enjoy the experience all you can! The line is one of the best parts!
You can go ahead and call me "Mr. Money Game"!
I was on TPiR: Jan 8, 2007!  AIR DATE: Apr. 10, 2007!

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 01:50:18 AM »
I'd suggest the gas station myself. It's open 24 hours, and is by far the cheapest way to get into a restroom during the night. Even a pack of gum or cheap bottle of water will get you the coveted key.

And, yes, I'd hit the line before midnight, even, if possible.

Get to know everyone around you. Talking the night away does make it pass much more quickly!

Have fun, and good luck!
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline ParkinTx

• Outside in Line
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 06:13:43 PM »
I mailed in my request back in January.  The tickets arrived in my mailbox on March 31.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 07:41:45 PM »
Good luck michele and hopefully we hear rich call you to come on down.  I sadly won't be able to get out there before bob retires simply the fact no money.  I just know that when his last show airs, everyone in the chat will be in tears and I know I will too.