Author Topic: What Games Would You Like to See Show Up as Dream Car Games?  (Read 6501 times)

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Games Would You Like to See Show Up as Dream Car Games?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 07:21:47 PM »
Mine would be Check-Out, although I'm not sure if I've seen Check-Out played for a car during Dream Car week. If I recall correctly Check-Out might've been played for cars semi often during the mid 80s to early 90s.

Offline magic#92

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 12:42:34 AM »
Although it wouldn't be for a "Dream Car" necessarily, I'd like to see Danger Price played for four cars.  It's the oldest game in the rotation not to offer a car.
This is Wilford Brimley reminding you to help control your diabeetus.  Check your blood sugar and check it often.

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 01:29:55 AM »
Although it wouldn't be for a "Dream Car" necessarily, I'd like to see Danger Price played for four cars.  It's the oldest game in the rotation not to offer a car.

I assume you mean for super cheap/(sub)compact cars like the Ford Fiesta, Nissan Versa, etc right?

And in the meantime, maybe Magic # could be played for two cars, or maybe Double Prices for an entry-level dream car

Offline bonkers77

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 03:32:43 AM »
Grand Game (correct all products win $10,000 + CAR (a la Gas Money)

Double Prices (play at center of the stage)

Clock Game (play for 2 CARS; bonus is a trip)

Coming or Going

Flip Flop (play a la Gridlock) [45] [18]

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 11:21:07 AM »
Grand Game (correct all products win $10,000 + CAR (a la Gas Money)

Double Prices (play at center of the stage)

Clock Game (play for 2 CARS; bonus is a trip)

Coming or Going

Flip Flop (play a la Gridlock) [45] [18]

I was actually thinking instead of two cars and a bonus trip for Clock Game, two "regular" 3-digit prizes and a bonus trip for winning the game (i.e., normal Clock Game) but winning in 15 seconds or less also wins a dream car (a really high end one like an Audi S8, BMW 7 Series, Mercedes-Benz S- or G-Class, Maserati Quattroporte, etc.)

Offline REDHEADVICKI

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 01:32:50 PM »
 :D  Hello all.

This is probably unlikely, but could they play Make Your Move for a car if they added a couple of numbers to the board?
They used to play Make Your Move for a car in the late 80's-90's when the cars were 4 digits in price.

Offline superballfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 02:48:16 PM »
If they brought back any retired games, love to see them play It's Optional for two cars, Shower game. Shell Game, Three Strikes and Pick a Number.

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 03:11:13 PM »
:D  Hello all.

This is probably unlikely, but could they play Make Your Move for a car if they added a couple of numbers to the board?
They used to play Make Your Move for a car in the late 80's-90's when the cars were 4 digits in price.

They could also play as normal but have the car as a bonus

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 03:52:41 PM »
I don't think they would do the car as bonus in Make Your Move, more likely they would tack on a number to the board or make modified numbers that are a little bit smaller to have 10 numbers (assuming 5 digit car, 3 digit prize, and 2 digit prize) in the normal space.

They offered a car in Punch a Bunch during Dream Car Week last season and cars were offered during the all Plinko show in 2013, I wonder if they would make any other cash games the dream car game. They could make the dream car the top prize for getting everything correct on the first try in Time is Money and for getting everything correct in Hot Seat and Pay the Rent. Were 1/2 Off and Grand Game ever played for a car instead of the usual $10,000? I'm pretty sure no for Grand Game, but I have some vague memory of 1/2 Off being played for one at least once either on Dream Car Week or another special.

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 07:38:52 PM »
I don't think they would do the car as bonus in Make Your Move, more likely they would tack on a number to the board or make modified numbers that are a little bit smaller to have 10 numbers (assuming 5 digit car, 3 digit prize, and 2 digit prize) in the normal space.

They offered a car in Punch a Bunch during Dream Car Week last season and cars were offered during the all Plinko show in 2013, I wonder if they would make any other cash games the dream car game. They could make the dream car the top prize for getting everything correct on the first try in Time is Money and for getting everything correct in Hot Seat and Pay the Rent. Were 1/2 Off and Grand Game ever played for a car instead of the usual $10,000? I'm pretty sure no for Grand Game, but I have some vague memory of 1/2 Off being played for one at least once either on Dream Car Week or another special.

From what I read, Half Off was actually originally intended to be a car game, but somehow it ended up being a $10,000 cash game instead.

Which reminds me, I think Spelling Bee would make a good Big Money Game: each card would be worth $5,000, SPELLING the word WIN would win $50,000, and every card that had the whole word would win $100,000, for a total top prize of $250,000.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 10:42:51 PM »
Yes I remember reading that about 1/2 Off either just before or after it premiered. I have some vague memory of seeing a key being revealed in the box in an episode, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

I like that idea for Spelling Bee, that would be a fun one-off thing to do.

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 10:47:50 PM »
I like that idea for Spelling Bee, that would be a fun one-off thing to do.

The only thing though is whether the cash prizes should be that high, but then again, Shell Game, probably one of the easiest games on the show, was played that one Big Money Week for $50,000 for winning the game and $100,000 for a perfect game, so to be honest, $250,000 Spelling Bee actually doesn't sound all that unreasonable (like I said though, my idea was $50,000 for spelling the word WIN and $100,000 per WIN card, not $250,000 just for winning)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 11:08:57 PM »
Yes I remember reading that about 1/2 Off either just before or after it premiered. I have some vague memory of seeing a key being revealed in the box in an episode, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Hard to say...you could be confusing it with the million-dollar check on the MDS, but it was originally conceived as a car game, and I'm pretty sure descriptions of that proposed format have been posted somewhere along the line.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2017, 01:39:50 PM »
Hard to say...you could be confusing it with the million-dollar check on the MDS, but it was originally conceived as a car game, and I'm pretty sure descriptions of that proposed format have been posted somewhere along the line.

Yes, they have.

Personally, I think that Mandel's original rules make for a better game, but I concede that the way the game turned out makes for a better show.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2017, 03:23:54 PM »
Personally, I think that Mandel's original rules make for a better game, but I concede that the way the game turned out makes for a better show.

I much prefer the method of presenting all 6 SP's together, although the way they ended up doing it does feel much more "Price is Right"-y.

The bailout, alternatively, makes the game too "Let's Make a Deal" IMO.

The only thing though is whether the cash prizes should be that high, but then again, Shell Game, probably one of the easiest games on the show, was played that one Big Money Week for $50,000 for winning the game and $100,000 for a perfect game, so to be honest, $250,000 Spelling Bee actually doesn't sound all that unreasonable (like I said though, my idea was $50,000 for spelling the word WIN and $100,000 per WIN card, not $250,000 just for winning)

I'm with you on the cash offering, but I don't like the additional money amounts for each WIN card. I think that would make for an awkward presentation after the contestant spells WIN the first time... The game should be over when it's won, not "You've got $50,000, let's see if you won more..." followed by a down note when we find out they haven't.