Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/11/2017 (TPiR Season 46 Dream Car Week - Day III)  (Read 11452 times)

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/11/2017 (TPiR Season 46 Dream Car Week - Day III)
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 08:54:02 AM »
I have to disagree with the idea that has been a boring week. This show didn't go well, but I've had a blast watching it.

Agreed.

Its not like we got Pick a Number, Double Prices, One Right Price, CoG , and two less than fun car games like TTM and Stack the Deck.

We got 3 "car" games.    Even if they were all lost, that was a rarity to see.   
They are clearly trying to OFFER more cars this week, not expecting them to be won.

Cover Up turned out pretty darn well.    I always like it when they only have 1 number left to pick from.   50/50 shot at the end to win.    We'd take that every time.

I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 11:18:41 AM »
Its not like we got Pick a Number, Double Prices, One Right Price, CoG , and two less than fun car games like TTM and Stack the Deck.

If all of those games show up today how will you feel

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 12:51:46 PM »
If all of those games show up today how will you feel

Confused why TTM and PaN would be repeated on the same week without rescheduling.

I could imagine this happening just for the sheer fact that we can actually know the backstories of the contestants/have excellent long showcases. It's not going to, but w/e.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 01:00:20 PM »
Confused why TTM and PaN would be repeated on the same week without rescheduling.

I could imagine this happening just for the sheer fact that we can actually know the backstories of the contestants/have excellent long showcases. It's not going to, but w/e.

I meant it as a hypothetical situation

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 02:34:25 AM »
I meant it as a hypothetical situation

Then maybe you should have phrased it that way.  That might have been what you wanted to say, but it's not what you actually said.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.