Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/13/2017 (TPiR Season 46 Dream Car Week - Day V)  (Read 9072 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/13/2017 (TPiR Season 46 Dream Car Week - Day V)
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 12:11:26 AM »
Squeeze Play had the most Expensive Car ever offered in that game.
Not even close. A $47,000+ Chevy Suburban was offered on a 2008 MDS, and it was also won.

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 02:43:34 AM »
They didn't have any 6-digit cars this week, did they?

Gas Money was played on Monday for a $148,500 Maserati GranTurismo Sport coupe.

Offline plinkowin2010

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2017, 08:25:08 AM »
Double Prices was played for a car during the 12th season, the same season where clock game was played for a car and won.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 03:46:15 PM »
Double Prices first at Door #3 was pretty cool, but I feel like they should have made the right answer more obvious.  Starting the show that way really needs a win to bring it home properly.

Triple Play, on the other hand...wow did that not go how it was supposed to.  I have a hard time believing the game would have been won, but they certainly didn't plan to have it lost on the first car.

I think this is the first time a show with special graphics on Contestants' Row has had an all-overbid.  It was kind of strange seeing the cars just reappear on the displays.

Only the 2nd time ever Double Prices has been played for a [c]ar

Not even close.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 05:18:40 PM »
All this confusion over Double Prices is fine and good. Glad to see it straightened out. But make no mistake this is still historic. This is indeed the first time Double Price has ever been played for a car in the Drew era in daytime. And yes, that means this is the first time in over ten years that it's been played for a car with the last instance being Bob's last show. When they went to that angle of Door 3, I thought "Okay, more than likely Double Prices." and then when it was a car, I was like "NO WAY." and then when they rolled the prop out, I was like "FINALLY." I and others had noticed that DP had never been played for a car in this era a few year ago and I was mystified as to why? Especailly when they'd play it for crazy stuff that could be as expensive as a car. Glad they've finally ended that drought. DP for a car is a fun way to add a little surprise to show of other long games or a three car show. Hopefully, they'll utilize it.

I have to agree. This All-Car show didn't have the same pop to it as the last one. Maybe I'm biased because I was watching live with other board members in person and the joint reaction as we watched was simply unforgettable. It's also maybe that this was just too soon. Making a yearly tradition out of this is fine and good, so I don't understand why they decided to two in the same calendar year. I suppose if they plan on changing it so that DCW is near the beginning of the season instead of the end, fine. But it hindered the potential impact of this week had it not been such a short time since the last one.

Triple Play was unfortunate. Definitely should've made it to the 2nd vehicle. A shame.

I would've loved to have seen backstage at the show and how it looked with all the cars stuffed back there with all the game props, car backdrops and the wheel.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 08:22:48 PM »
I think it wasn't quite as great this year because they did an all-car show to start Dream Car Week last year. This one though did finish with Triple Play for 3 luxury cars which I thought really made the show (except for being lost on the first car).