Author Topic: Rich Fields Update  (Read 3594 times)

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
Rich Fields Update
« on: October 13, 2017, 04:33:07 PM »
Hello all,

I received a rather surprising phone call today from Rich Fields -- he called with some exciting news that he has just been signed to a three-year deal taking over the afternoon drive slot at radio station Q105 in Tampa Bay, Florida.  We chatted briefly about TPiR and he wanted to be sure that all of the fans on Golden-Road.net were aware of his new gig!

There is a press release going out to local media outlets announcing this; I was able to get a copy:

BREAKING RADIO NEWS! Former Announcer of The Price is Right Rich Fields, has agreed to a three-year deal with Beasley Media Group to take over the Afternoon Drive slot (3-7pm eastern) on Q105 in Tampa, FL. Fields is a 30+ year radio veteran who grew up listening to Q105 (WRBQ). Fields says, “THIS is the radio station that inspired me to get into broadcasting in the first place. I am thrilled to now be a part of it’s stellar air-staff.” Rich Fields officially signs on to Q105 this coming Monday 10/16. Fans can listen worldwide by logging on to www.MyQ105.com and clicking “Listen Live”… or my downloading the Q105 App. You can even make requests by calling Rich at: 1-800-990-1047.

So, if you miss Rich's familiar voice on Price and want to tune in (or even call in!), you may thanks to the power of the internet.  :biggrin:  It was nice to know that Rich still has a fondness for our Golden-Road.net community and our members.

John

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
Re: Rich Fields Update
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 04:43:28 PM »
I found out earlier today through his Facebook page, this is really great news and I'm thrilled for him
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A recapper on fire!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 09:06:03 PM »
Oh my...awesome for someone to get a call!
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »
I saw him plugging this on social media (Twitter I think?) earlier.  I'm not a fan of country music, but I am interested to hear if he talks up the records like an old-school disc jockey much like how he channeled the traditional methods of Johnny Olson when he started on Price.  Glad to see he's keeping busy and getting some good gigs.
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 08:14:45 PM »
Good to hear that things are going okay for Rich.  Best of luck to him as he goes down to Florida.
President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 09:41:27 PM »
Garffreak: Q105 is not country, it's classified as a "Classic Hits" station (aka: 70s, 80s and 90s music).  Kind of like Boom 97.3 where I live
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 12:19:41 AM »
Good to see that he's still on the air somewhere. I wonder what he thinks of George Gray taking his spot in the announcer booth...

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 03:42:24 PM »
Well --- I just happen to be heading to the Tampa area on vacation at the beginning of November.   I'm going to have to make sure I turn on the station.    He looks great in the photo.
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 03:51:57 PM »
Well, I know now what I'm gonna listen to if I'm ever down Tampa way!
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 07:37:31 PM »
Try TuneIn Radio or IHeart Radio or station stream to listen in

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 05:27:08 PM »
Im listening to the station now and some of the songs I have not heard in a very long time. 

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 05:39:28 PM »
And I actually got to talk to rich.  I told him I watched him on price and really miss him.  If you hear the song Man on the Run, he actually recorded me saying that.

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 11:36:30 PM »
I could have sworn he mentioned it as a country station.  All the better--nothing wrong with some classic hits.

Garffreak: Q105 is not country, it's classified as a "Classic Hits" station (aka: 70s, 80s and 90s music).  Kind of like Boom 97.3 where I live
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline PIRfanSince72

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 04:56:34 AM »
Glad to hear about Rich's new gig.