Author Topic: Marc Summers on (Not) Auditioning for Price  (Read 1571 times)

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Marc Summers on (Not) Auditioning for Price
« on: November 01, 2017, 03:45:06 PM »
Back on 10/18 Marc appeared on Jimmy Pardo's "Never Not Funny" podcast and shared a never-before-told story about why he didn't get a chance to audition for Bob's gig - something that left many including myself disappointed.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Marc Summers on (Not) Auditioning for Price
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 03:53:19 PM »
Wow, interesting story. I think he would've done a good job and I would think the familiarity of him from his Double Dare and What Would You Do Nickelodeon days wouldn't have hurt in terms of bringing in audiences/viewers. And since he hosted the live Price show he was certainly familiar with hosting the show and at least some of the games.

Even though it sounds like he really wanted the job, can't really feel sorry for him though since he's been an executive producer with Food Network for many years. His jab at Drew at the end wasn't necessary either.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: Marc Summers on (Not) Auditioning for Price
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 06:50:31 PM »
To somewhat cross-post my thoughts from this thread in which the full podcast was linked (as a bonus, around the 50-minute point Marc has some choice words on WinTuition), what I find rather interesting is that it would seem neither CBS nor Fremantle knew who he even was -- and, rather oddly, did not care to find out through a simple internet search.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 07:00:42 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.