Author Topic: Game Changers on BUZZR  (Read 2061 times)

Offline PIRfanSince72

• Walking the Golden Road
Game Changers on BUZZR
« on: October 21, 2017, 07:20:11 PM »
Did anyone else see this program last night?  It was enjoyable but also sad too, seeing Alan Thicke and Monty Hall participating on it, knowing that they had since passed away.

Alex did a sensational job hosting and interviewing other hosts.

Wondering what others' takes were about this program.

Offline GSNSmashFan3

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My game show collection.
Re: Game Changers on BUZZR
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 11:07:20 PM »
Overall, I liked it. It covered a surprisingly large amount of ground given its running time, but there were some glaring omissions (particularly Concentration, Fleming Jeopardy!, The Joker's Wild, Sale of the Century, and Press Your Luck). I also would've liked a segment devoted to cable game shows (no offense to Deal or No Deal, which had a great segment in the documentary, but I think something like Cash Cab is more well-remembered nowadays).

I was very impressed by the amount of non-Fremantle-owned content that was shown, which obviously must have cost a lot of money to air (they even pulled up a clip of The Wizard of Odds, for crying out loud!). Unfortunately, because of this, it was painfully obvious that Buzzr couldn't obtain the rights to air any Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? clips when the segment for that show was only supplemented by pictures and audio, but that was obviously out of their control.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:13:13 PM by GSNSmashFan3 »
HYO Winnings:
$46,241.21 (Participated in 6 games; on stage 4 times)

I love Clock Game!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 11:36:58 PM »
Alex did a sensational job hosting and interviewing other hosts.
I agree, this was well put together. It was fun to see his face-to-face interviews with Regis Philbin, fellow Canadian Howie Mandel and partner-in-crime Pat Sajak, and I thought it was interesting to learn that Merv Griffin, who created both Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!, spent more time writing puzzles for WOF than he did the clues for J! Also, to have him in an otherwise empty comedy club with Drew Carey was a stroke of genius.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 01:03:15 PM »
never knew Todd Newton wore glasses!!!!! He looks good with them on!!!!