Author Topic: Halloween Special Idea  (Read 1672 times)

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
Halloween Special Idea
« on: October 24, 2017, 11:49:10 PM »
How well do you think having a Rolls-Royce (especially the full-size $450k+ Phantom VIII) in Golden Road would work for Halloween?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: Halloween Special Idea
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 12:40:40 AM »
How well do you think having a Rolls-Royce (especially the full-size $450k+ Phantom VIII) in Golden Road would work for Halloween?

At first, I thought that referred to this Halloween's taping, but then I caught myself.

If ANY pricing game were to have a Rolls-Royce that expensive, it would be That's TWO Ninth! (Yes, I mean two-ninth), because even Golden Road could be won by dumb luck. However, $450k? That seems a bit too much (no pun intended), considering the most expensive car ever offered so far was only $280k.

Can luxury cars work for Halloween? Sure. We had one a couple years ago as a Jaguar showcase. However, at its core, how the heck is anyone going to be able to price a six-digit car?

To answer your question, for the producers, pretty well once the contestant realizes that the taxes are too much, and they choose to forfeit the prize.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Halloween Special Idea
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 02:04:40 AM »
At first, I thought that referred to this Halloween's taping, but then I caught myself.

If ANY pricing game were to have a Rolls-Royce that expensive, it would be That's TWO Ninth! (Yes, I mean two-ninth), because even Golden Road could be won by dumb luck. However, $450k? That seems a bit too much (no pun intended), considering the most expensive car ever offered so far was only $280k.

However, at its core, how the heck is anyone going to be able to price a six-digit car?

-Nope, I was talking about just a Halloween show in general (perhaps 2018, cause I don't think they're doing it this year; kinda have a feeling they would've already spoiled that it would at least be offered by now if they were actually planning on offering a Rolls).  And pretty much the only reason I picked a Rolls-Royce specifically is because of the names of the models (which if you know about current models you know that they're mostly named after kinds of ghosts and whatnot: Ghost, Wraith, and Phantom).  Also, $450k is what I currently know as the estimate for the price of the '18 Phantom.  Not necessarily set in stone.

-That Ferrari was actually $285k.

-And not very easily, which is exactly what would make a win of that kind of car that much more exciting.