Author Topic: Drew during the act breaks  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
Drew during the act breaks
« on: October 25, 2017, 06:49:34 PM »
Question for anyone who's been to a recent taping...

Rumor has it that Drew is retreating backstage during the act breaks and not interacting with the audience anymore. Any truth in this? If so, that's rather unfortunate. Though I never attended a Barker taping, it's widely known that he would talk with the audience during the act breaks, take questions, etc.

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
Re: Drew during the act breaks
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 07:28:35 PM »
There's generally a couple of segments where he goes backstage for whatever reason, but he's out chatting with the audience more often than he's backstage during the breaks. I think he enjoys talking with the crowd and seeing all the different people in the audience.

Offline RedWing512

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 10:59:07 AM »
There's generally a couple of segments where he goes backstage for whatever reason, but he's out chatting with the audience more often than he's backstage during the breaks. I think he enjoys talking with the crowd and seeing all the different people in the audience.

Agreed. Drew recently did an interview with an LA-area station and they asked him what his favorite part of the show was. He said it was interacting with the audience during the breaks--so while I think he does go backstage a time or two, for the most part he's out mingling with the audience whenever he can.

Online mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 12:54:53 PM »
When I last went in 2013, he interacted with the audience during every break except right before the showcases (or maybe it was right before the reveal). During that break, he went back stage and some crazy man came out and started yelling and jumping around the stage.

The last Barker taping I went to, Bob also went back stage during the last break. I don't believe this was normal practice, though.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline lejusteprix

• 12/14/2015
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 06:45:23 AM »
I saw a taping this summer and Drew was out for every break (maybe save for the showcase break but I can't remember).
Ryan.

Offline strommy

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 03:45:11 PM »
I was at two tapings this past July. Drew interacted with the audience every break. The only time he goes off stage and doesn't is between the end of the first showcase showdown and the next segment. He did the same thing when I previously went in the spring of 2013.

Offline kens5368035

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 10:39:01 AM »
My girlfriend, on my birthday in late Sept. for a surprizing birthday present, flew us over to LA to be on TPIR(that's a future post, in and of itself)! WE BOTH can be a witness and tell you that Drew absolutely interacted with the audience during every commercial break, with the exception of getting the showcase reveals...........

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 11:31:35 AM »
All righty, I guess we can put this one to bed.  :D