Author Topic: Another Pricing Game Idea: "Shift"  (Read 1544 times)

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
Another Pricing Game Idea: "Shift"
« on: October 27, 2017, 01:28:04 PM »
This game is much simpler than my previous game, Trace Your Steps, and would be played for major non-car prizes (i.e., trips, kitchen islands, etc).

So in this game, if you're given a price of, for example, 5394, the correct price would either be 5394, 3945, 9453, or 4539.  See the pattern?

5394 is the price left as is
3945 is the price shifted 1 digit to the left
9453 is the price shifted 2 digits in either direction
4539 is the price shifted 1 digit to the right

The actual "shift"ing would be done via sliding your finger on a touch screen that displays the digits and moves said digits according to your motions.

Alternatively, it could also be played for a car or another 5-digit prize (including certain trips since the show does sometimes offer up 5-digit trips) with a setup something like 12112.

For (hopefully) obvious reasons, the game would never use zeroes.

So what do you guys think?

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
Re: Another Pricing Game Idea: "Shift"
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »
I like this idea, it's a good quickie game (which the show definitely needs more of IMO).

I came with up with a very similar idea not too long ago with a game called "Around the World", where basically the contestant can push a lever that rockets the leading digit "around the world (an actual celestial body prop)" to become the last digit in the price. This process can continue until they want to stop.

I see no reason why this game can't use 0's. It would most obviously be a wrong choice to have a price leading with a 0, but Push Over has included 0's before.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 04:38:28 PM »
Funny that I had developed a game for my HYO series that was similar to this, but it would be called Leapfrog (which is basically Flip Flop with one number to be switched instead of a pair of numbers). This is how I would've done it:

Wrong price is $1234; one digit must be "leapfrogged" over the one to its right
Possible choices are $2134, $1324 and $1243

Oh well: If the HYO section is ever revived, then I will definitely play it out.

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 01:24:29 AM »
Funny that I had developed a game for my HYO series that was similar to this, but it would be called Leapfrog (which is basically Flip Flop with one number to be switched instead of a pair of numbers). This is how I would've done it:

Wrong price is $1234; one digit must be "leapfrogged" over the one to its right
Possible choices are $2134, $1324 and $1243

Oh well: If the HYO section is ever revived, then I will definitely play it out.

I sure hope the HYO does eventually get revived, though I'm not really betting on it actually happening since it's been dead for, what, 10 or so months now?