Author Topic: What's the new process for getting tickets for the show?  (Read 1753 times)

Offline gaubster2

• In the Audience
What's the new process for getting tickets for the show?
« on: January 15, 2018, 01:16:39 AM »
Our son turns 18 in May and we are beginning to think about planning a trip to TPIR for him!  It's been several years since I've been to a taping.  The first time was in 2002 and the last time was about 7 weeks before Barker retired.  I've heard there have been changes in the process for getting tickets.  Can someone please point me in the right direction or provide their experience in the recent past of how everything works these days?  Thanks a bunch!

Our plan would be to fly into LA and stay across the street at the Farmer's Daughter motel.  Is it still necessary to arrive before 4AM (or much earlier) for a place in line?  Any advice/help is much appreciated!

Chris

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: What's the new process for getting tickets for the show?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 06:05:38 AM »
Tickets are available here: http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/The_Price_is_Right

If you have priority tickets, you're in. Just show up when the ticket tells you to. There's no need to line up early in the morning anymore.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:39:37 AM »
Can you still write to the 7800 Beverly Boulevard address for tickets if you wished? 

Offline gaubster2

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 02:41:36 PM »
Thank you!   :oldlol:

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 04:05:03 PM »
Can you still write to the 7800 Beverly Boulevard address for tickets if you wished?

Good question. I doubt it, but please try and let us know because I am curious now  :-D

Offline lejusteprix

• 12/14/2015
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 04:45:21 PM »
Tickets are available here: http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/The_Price_is_Right

If you have priority tickets, you're in. Just show up when the ticket tells you to. There's no need to line up early in the morning anymore.

I'll second this.  OCA is great; I've had nothing but positive experiences with them in seeing Price, Deal and Match Game (the latter in NYC).  Just one more thing - if you've got a priority ticket your time is guaranteed and barring massive problems you're good to go; if it's a general ticket you'll get seated if there's spots left after the priority people.  Example: I had a priority ticket in 2015 and was assigned number 46; the four people behind me were *two hundred* numbers behind me because they had general tickets.

When I had an idea about when I wanted to the see the show I checked OCA's site once a day and was able to jump on the tickets the day they became available and I would go back in a heart beat!

Ryan.