Author Topic: The popular consensus on what pricing game should return?  (Read 10530 times)

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The popular consensus on what pricing game should return?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 03:57:11 PM »
2 words: $UPER $AVER!!!!!!!!! Love the little "bugs" on the display like "WINK" "LOSK", and the weird display at the beginning of one game. This game should be able to use SPs and instead of 1 dollar, they'd have to get $150 or more in the bank. The display was one of my favorites. If the game is won, the amount in the bank and the word "WIN" should flash alternately. If the game is lost, have the game setup so that the plug gets removed and the game turns off. Play it for maybe a car or some decent cash amount. Same 4 picks.

Offline jaywilliams

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 05:40:02 PM »
I would have to say either Give or Keep and/or Super Ball.

Give or Keep would be easy to revive with the current turntable setting and Super Ball would be revised as a cash game with a small prize higher or lower guessing game and a top prize being $30,000 in cash. The circles from bottom to top would be $500, $1,000 and $5,000 and the final Super Ball would be worth triple (or $1,500, $3,000 and $15,000).
Jay Williams

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 08:31:19 PM »
I would have to say either Give or Keep and/or Super Ball.

No, you wouldn't, because you're only supposed to list one game.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline jaywilliams

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 08:43:47 PM »
No, you wouldn't, because you're only supposed to list one game.
The one pricing game that I would like to see revived is Super Ball, with a top prize of $30,000 cash.
Jay Williams

Offline Vgmastr

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 01:14:18 PM »
Now that we have better technology I wouldn't mind seeing Split Decision comeback.  I imagine eight touch screens where the contestant just needs to touch the three numbers in the price of the smaller prize.

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 04:31:23 PM »
I'm thinking Phone Home Game for $30,000 and with the LCD screens.  It'd bring back the classic home phone calling element that disappeared like forever ago.  Plus, like I said, I'm sure they could rework the original prop and/or build a new one to accommodate LCD screens.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 03:22:31 PM »
Likely if Phone Home Game did come back it would use Skype and would have some new name like "Chat for Cash" to reflect video rather than a traditional phone call.

Offline EvilChameleon

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 04:52:44 PM »
Penny Ante had a sad and miserable end outside in the rain. I would like for it to return, unless they were planning on retiring it anyway around that time.

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 07:11:32 PM »
Likely if Phone Home Game did come back it would use Skype and would have some new name like "Chat for Cash" to reflect video rather than a traditional phone call.

Guess it would

Offline ShootingDio

• In the Audience
  • I can explain.
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 03:09:45 AM »
I'd say Credit Card. Pretty much this game's theme also spawned to Shopping Spree, but the opposite way (buy the most expensive prizes). Give it a new paint job and hey, there's your new returning pricing game.

Offline Michael

• In the Audience
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 11:54:21 AM »
I'm in the minority here, but I'd bring back Joker as a car game with a twist.  At the beginning, the host gives the player $1000.  Then the pricing SP part is played like it used to be e.g. $25 or $52.  Even with perfect playing, one card is still standing.  Now the twist:  the player could take the chance that the Joker was discarded, keep the cash, and go for the car.  Or to guarantee the car, the player returns the cash in exchange for discarding the fifth card.  If the player makes a mistake in the SP portion, or even completely flubs it, he/she can still return the cash for a discard.  The player would never have the option of walking away with only the cash.

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2017, 02:56:33 PM »
I'm in the minority here, but I'd bring back Joker as a car game with a twist.  At the beginning, the host gives the player $1000.  Then the pricing SP part is played like it used to be e.g. $25 or $52.  Even with perfect playing, one card is still standing.  Now the twist:  the player could take the chance that the Joker was discarded, keep the cash, and go for the car.  Or to guarantee the car, the player returns the cash in exchange for discarding the fifth card.  If the player makes a mistake in the SP portion, or even completely flubs it, he/she can still return the cash for a discard.  The player would never have the option of walking away with only the cash.

I'm assuming that if the contestant loses, they must give back the money like in Barker's Markers? It's an interesting idea, but I can see the guaranteed win scenario being very anti-climactic.

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2017, 10:18:20 PM »
Credit Card, Give or Keep, Hurdles...need I say more?
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 03:22:27 AM »
Credit Card, Give or Keep, Hurdles...need I say more?

Actually, since you were only supposed to list one game, less would be much better.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline KimmiKat

• In the Audience
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2017, 01:12:35 AM »
There's a couple of games I'd like to see returned, but since we're limited to one to a customer, the Bump game.  xlx
Sometimes my train of thought often pulls from the station without me.