Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/31/2017 (TPiR 2017 Halloween Special)  (Read 12616 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/31/2017 (TPiR 2017 Halloween Special)
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 10:27:55 PM »
But he called Lewis "Ryan" on Whose Line is It Anyway?, since Stiles was the only other cast member to appear on both shows.

In terms of what's being discussed here, that makes absolutely no sense.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 08:43:35 PM »
Yup....Pretty Much...
Not to mention there's bloopers left in quite often, like George falling off the treadmill, the coffee station falling down, Manuela revealing the car price prematurely, etc.

Something I forgot to mention earlier, did Dr. Trombone make anyone else think of that paperclip guy that used to be on Microsoft Office? I wonder if that was intentional or just a coincidence.

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2017, 12:22:30 AM »
I know that 3 costumes parodied DC Characters Wonder Woman (Yodely Girl), Catwoman (The Purr-tector) and Batman (Ab-man), were the other costumes parodies of comic book characters as well?

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2017, 02:13:37 AM »
I know that 3 costumes parodied DC Characters Wonder Woman (Yodely Girl), Catwoman (The Purr-tector) and Batman (Ab-man), were the other costumes parodies of comic book characters as well?

Captain Giveaway (Drew) was probably a nod to Nick Fury (The eye patch and having a position of being a sort of leader), Plinkster was just an average stereotype of a superhero in a spandex suit, and Manuela Transmission was just very good wordplay.

Anyways, what hasn't been said about this episode? Punch win, 5/6 day, great sticking to the theme, etc. This is how you do a gimmick show. Honestly, now we have had two remarkable shows this season already. (See: 9/22/2017 with $80,000 wheel). If I hadn't known spoilers, I would have called a 3 and a partial/6 show, but One Wrong Price stopped that. By far, the best Halloween episode, and one to put in the books, next to $4,200 showcase bids.

Now can we have a cameo of Dr. Trombones to soften the blow next time we have an El Skunko?
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2017, 01:22:00 PM »
Wonder Woman (Yodely Girl)

I could very well be missing something, but Yodely Gal looked to me like she was based on Thor, what with wielding her pickaxe like his hammer.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2017, 02:12:24 PM »
Captain Giveaway (Drew) was probably a nod to Nick Fury (The eye patch and having a position of being a sort of leader), Plinkster was just an average stereotype of a superhero in a spandex suit, and Manuela Transmission was just very good wordplay.

Although, isn't there a comic character that carried a shield similar to what Manuela had (though of course hers had a design to go with the car theme)?

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2017, 05:38:11 PM »
I could very well be missing something, but Yodely Gal looked to me like she was based on Thor, what with wielding her pickaxe like his hammer.
I am not really a Marvel fan but this could also parody Thor.

Offline The Last Outlaw

• In the Audience
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2018, 04:21:21 PM »
I have to respond to this since I was able to find this episode on YouTube.

BEST.
HALLOWEEN.
EPISODE.
EVER!!!

I loved the fact getting the cast as superheroes to fight off "The Evil Dr. Trombones" for the sake of the contestants!  Then on top of that, there's the cast themselves:

Drew as Captain Giveaway.  He was cool under pressure and had no fear of "Dr. Trombones."
George as The Plinkster.  Almost every time we saw him, he launching Plinko chips like ninjas with shurikens!
James as Ab Man.  Ladies, there's your hero!
Rachel as Yodel Gal!  She plays this role so well.
Amber as The Purrtector.  Another reason to "have your pets spayed and neutered!"  lol.
Manuela as Manuela Transmission.  Good wordplay + Hot model = Perfect heroine! ;)

Oh, I forgot to mention a 5/6 day on the show.  I was a bit bummed we couldn't have a perfect show, but like I said, a 5/6 day is a rarity, but I loved that too.

Should there be a sequel?  I say yes!  Bring it back for Halloween 2018!  Keep it up!!!

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2018, 11:00:53 PM »
I have to respond to this since I was able to find this episode on YouTube.

BEST.
HALLOWEEN.
EPISODE.
EVER!!!

I loved the fact getting the cast as superheroes to fight off "The Evil Dr. Trombones" for the sake of the contestants!  Then on top of that, there's the cast themselves:

Drew as Captain Giveaway.  He was cool under pressure and had no fear of "Dr. Trombones."
George as The Plinkster.  Almost every time we saw him, he launching Plinko chips like ninjas with shurikens!
James as Ab Man.  Ladies, there's your hero!
Rachel as Yodel Gal!  She plays this role so well.
Amber as The Purrtector.  Another reason to "have your pets spayed and neutered!"  lol.
Manuela as Manuela Transmission.  Good wordplay + Hot model = Perfect heroine! ;)

Oh, I forgot to mention a 5/6 day on the show.  I was a bit bummed we couldn't have a perfect show, but like I said, a 5/6 day is a rarity, but I loved that too.

Should there be a sequel?  I say yes!  Bring it back for Halloween 2018!  Keep it up!!!

It's weird though that despite George being dressed as the Plinkster, Plinko wasn't played at all the whole show.

Offline The Last Outlaw

• In the Audience
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2018, 01:00:55 PM »
It's weird though that despite George being dressed as the Plinkster, Plinko wasn't played at all the whole show.
That's right, but with Yodely Gal making an appearance, there was no way possible they would not include Cliff Hangers in the lineup!  That would have been zero justice for "The Evil Dr. Trombones".  Just saying!